AstonJ

AstonJ

What are the 'coolest' languages and tech right now?

Inspired by this post from @Carter, which languages, frameworks or other tech or tools do you think is killing it right now? :upside_down_face:

Most Liked

Carter

Carter

:crab:
:crab:R
U :crab:
:crab:S
T :crab:
:crab:

AstonJ

AstonJ

One of the things I love about Erlang/OTP being so cool is that they’re decades old - isn’t it awesome when something (and sometimes, someone) are so ahead of their time? :sunglasses:

Rust is definitely up there!

I am going to add WASM, TypeScript and Svelte to the list, as well as Elixir for being the gateway to Erlang/OTP for so many of us :nerd_face:

mudasobwa

mudasobwa

Idris, Agda, OTP, Phoenix Liveview.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

KyleHunter
What is a good language for beginners to make apps like snapchat and instagram?
New
AstonJ
In your opinion which programming languages are simple to use and easy to get started wither those who don’t have a computer science bac...
New
AstonJ
If so, what was the last blog post you wrote… and if not, why not?
New
chasekaylee
Hi everyone! I have been in the professional industry for ~2 years now coming from a boot camp. I started a base foundation by programmin...
New
chasekaylee
Just like the title says :smiley: which courses you find that have had the most impact in the span of your career as a developer?
New
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
AstonJ
Do we have any digital nomads here? Anyone fancy it? If so, which countries would you consider? I’ve been toying with the idea for a wh...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been watching Prag Dave’s Elixir course and I noticed he uses tree: Tree is a recursive directory listing program that produces a ...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New