aralroca

aralroca

AI agents shouldn't control your apps; they should BE the app

I wrote about a different approach to AI agents. Instead of building bots that screenshot your screen and click buttons (like OpenAI Operator or Anthropic Computer Use), I built 304 browser tools where the AI agent IS the app; calling local functions directly instead of navigating UIs.
Everything runs client-side: JavaScript for simple tasks, Rust compiled to WASM for heavy computation, and ONNX/TensorFlow.js models for AI features like background removal.

Full article:

https://kitmul.com/en/blog/building-kitmul-ai-tools-os

Curious what you all think; is the “AI controlling existing apps” approach fundamentally flawed, or am I missing something?

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

masterhood13
I just published an article detailing my journey in building a Dota 2 Match Outcome Predictor using machine learning and data analysis. I...
New
ozornin
I recently wrote an essay on effects of AI, how it all can become real bad, and how we can avoid it. I started writing the post intend...
New
New
waseigo
Top-tier LLMs, Rust and Erlang NIFs; nifty, and night and day vs. C, but let me tell you about vibe coding… After I submitted my blog po...
New
xiji2646-netizen
You guys aren’t gonna believe this. Anthropic‘s engineers just dropped a goldmine — a deep dive into how they’re actually using Claude C...
New
aralroca
I wrote about a different approach to AI agents. Instead of building bots that screenshot your screen and click buttons (like OpenAI Oper...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Anthropic announced Claude Mythos Preview this week – and then said it will not release it to the public. Their reasoning: the model’s cy...
New
wolf4earth
The structural argument, briefly: literacy installs a cognitive substrate in human brains; LLMs are built entirely on the same kind of su...
New
xiji2646-netizen
I have been looking through Seedance 2.0 prompt examples and noticed a pattern: The prompts that work best are usually not just longer. ...
New
alvinkatojr
Found this article a refreshing take on this obsession with AI tokens and “tokenmaxing”. Read and enjoy! :slight_smile:
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New