NKTgLaw

NKTgLaw

Experimental Verification of the NKT Law with NASA Planetary Data (Go Implementation)

Hi everyone :waving_hand:

I’ve been experimenting with a physics-inspired principle called the NKTg Law of Variable Inertia. The core idea is that an object’s motion depends on the interaction between its position, velocity, and mass.

The formula is simple:

m = NKTg1 / (x * v)

where:

  • x = position (km)

  • v = velocity (km/s)

  • NKTg1 = x * (m * v)

I used NASA’s real-time data (30–31 Dec 2024) for the 8 planets and tested whether this law can interpolate planetary masses. To my surprise, the interpolated values matched NASA’s published masses with almost zero error. :rocket:

Here’s a minimal Go implementation:

package main

import (
    "fmt"
)

type Planet struct {
    Name   string
    X      float64
    V      float64
    NKTg1  float64
    NASAm  float64
}

func main() {
    planets := []Planet{
        {"Mercury", 6.9817930e7, 38.86, 8.951e32, 3.301e23},
        {"Venus",   1.0893900e8, 35.02, 1.858e34, 4.867e24},
        {"Earth",   1.4710000e8, 29.29, 2.571e34, 5.972e24},
        {"Mars",    2.4923000e8, 24.07, 3.850e33, 6.417e23},
        {"Jupiter", 8.1662000e8, 13.06, 2.024e37, 1.898e27},
        {"Saturn",  1.5065300e9, 9.69,  8.303e36, 5.683e26},
        {"Uranus",  3.0013900e9, 6.8,   1.772e36, 8.681e25},
        {"Neptune", 4.5589000e9, 5.43,  2.534e36, 1.024e26},
    }

    fmt.Printf("%-10s %-15s %-15s %-10s\n", "Planet", "NASA_m", "Interpolated_m", "Error(%)")

    maxError := 0.0

    for _, p := range planets {
        interp := p.NKTg1 / (p.X * p.V)
        delta := (p.NASAm - interp) / p.NASAm * 100
        if delta < 0 {
            if -delta > maxError {
                maxError = -delta
            }
        } else if delta > maxError {
            maxError = delta
        }

        fmt.Printf("%-10s %-15.5e %-15.5e %-10.5e\n", p.Name, p.NASAm, interp, delta)
    }

    fmt.Printf("\nMax relative error: %.5e %%\n", maxError)
}


:white_check_mark: Expected output: A table showing NASA’s official masses vs interpolated masses.
Relative errors are essentially 0%, confirming the interpolation works exactly.


:light_bulb: Open question for Devtalk:

  • How would you improve this Go code to be more idiomatic or efficient?

  • Would you try rewriting this experiment in another language (Rust, Elixir, Scala, Ruby) and compare results?

I think it’s a fun way to combine physics-inspired laws with coding practice. Curious to hear your thoughts!

/go

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

jaywengrow
Hello! It’s Jay Wengrow, author of A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms. My book now has a supplemental website, where ...
New
AstonJ
Always interested in seeing what apps people use and how they organise their phones/home screens! Here’s mine…
New
Exadra37
I am a Linux user since 2012, more or less, and I always use Ubuntu on my computers, and my last 2 laptops have been used Thinkpads, wher...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
Rainer
Not sure if following fits exactly this thread, or if we should have a hobby thread… For many years I’m designing and building model air...
New
DevotionGeo
The Odin programming language is designed with the intent of creating an alternative to C with the following goals: simplicity high per...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
ohm
I just switched jobs to tech lead with a small team of about 6 other developer. This is my first tech lead job. What do I need to know? A...
New
AstonJ
Just wondering whether you have a preference (I know I do!) poll
New
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File &gt; New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New