AstonJ

AstonJ

Digital Nomad Developers

Do we have any digital nomads here?

Anyone fancy it? If so, which countries would you consider?

I’ve been toying with the idea for a while so curious to hear what others think. The whole covid thing has put me off a bit tho :lol:

Most Liked

hassan

hassan

I wouldn’t call myself a digital nomad right now (living in California) but I’ve taken “working vacations” to Costa Rica, Belize, Mexico (Baja, Yucatan Peninsula), and the Bahamas as well as many places within the US.

I’d recommend any of them, as well as Thailand (amazing street food!) and New Zealand.

AstonJ

AstonJ

That’s good to know, though all the documents/signs etc being in English in Belize is handy - is that what it’s like in the Bahamas too?

Sounds like you’re missing it Jaeyson! Go back - YOLO an all that :003:

That’s awesome Bruce! How long are you planning on doing it? Sounds like quite the adventure you and Maggie are having :smiley:

redrapids

redrapids

Author & Editor at PragProg

It will take us 9-10 more months if all goes well.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
:smiling_imp: What is your preferred syntax style and why? Perhaps we can add examples and use the code below as a simple reference poi...
New
AstonJ
Looking at @siddhant3030’s photo from the Do you blog? thread, do you cover your computer or phone camera as a security precaution? Wha...
New
Rainer
Not sure if following fits exactly this thread, or if we should have a hobby thread… For many years I’m designing and building model air...
New
AstonJ
Do you think it’s worth worrying about? Do you think it’s going to be an even bigger issue in future? If so what can the teams of smaller...
New
New
jaeyson
Hi all, does anybody tried Shankar Devy’s Phoenix Inside Out book series? Also, will there be a big difference (aside from context prior...
New
malloryerik
With 100% less blockchain. I went searching for a lightweight immutable database that could be audited and ran into this. I guess this ...
New
New
AstonJ
I’ve been watching Prag Dave’s Elixir course and I noticed he uses tree: Tree is a recursive directory listing program that produces a ...
New
DevotionGeo
Hi everyone! I bought this domain name when I was planning to create a website like ElixirSchool.com, but that didn’t ever happen. Now ...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New