Hanna

Hanna

DiagramDeck - A Simple Tool I’ve Been Using for Architecture Diagrams

Lately I’ve been spending more time documenting systems and infrastructure. That usually means creating diagrams — things like architecture charts, cloud architecture diagrams, or simple flowcharts to explain how services interact.

For a long time I used draw_io. It’s great for quickly creating diagrams, but collaboration can get messy when teams start sharing files.

Recently I found a tool called DiagramDeck (https://diagramdeck.com) and it’s been a nice alternative.

It’s a browser-based architecture diagram tool built around the draw_io ecosystem. You can create diagrams directly in the browser and collaborate with your team without installing anything.

It works well for things like:

  • cloud architecture diagrams
  • AWS architecture diagrams
  • network diagrams
  • UML diagrams
  • process flow charts

Basically all types of diagrams teams need when documenting systems.

If you’re looking for an alternative for Lucidchart or a simple collaborative diagramming tool, it’s worth checking out.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

KyleHunter
What is a good language for beginners to make apps like snapchat and instagram?
New
AstonJ
Looking at @siddhant3030’s photo from the Do you blog? thread, do you cover your computer or phone camera as a security precaution? Wha...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
finner
One of my 2021 resolutions is to read more tech books. As part of this effort I purchased two MEAPs (Manning Early Access Program) which...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
ohm
I just switched jobs to tech lead with a small team of about 6 other developer. This is my first tech lead job. What do I need to know? A...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
DevotionGeo
For me it’s six to seven steps above complete dark, on MacBook Air M1.
New
harwind
I’m working on a C++ program where I need to convert a string containing a numeric value into an integer. I want to ensure that this conv...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New