AstonJ

AstonJ

What makes or made your life easier as a developer?

Maybe a specific language or framework? Or a book or tool perhaps? What’s made your life easier and what do you think could make the lives of other devs easier?

Most Liked

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

A good IDE. I am absolutely against the stance of those that say “any programmer can program just fine in a simple text editor”, well sure you can but you can be significantly more effective in a good IDE. It’s both a great teaching tool and a great productivity tool.

conradwt

conradwt

Hi, the things that made my life easier as a developer is as follows:

  • access to an active developer community that’s open to newcomers and answering their questions

  • resources (i.e. books, articles, online courses, webinars, and so on)

joeb

joeb

The book ’ Pragmatic Thinking and Learning: Refactor Your Wetware’ has been helpful in my career.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
If you’re a fan, why? If you’re not fussed on it, how comes?
New
AstonJ
Which apps do you think are killing it right now? Either from a technical perspective or ones that you like personally or feel have been...
New
siddhant3030
I’m thinking of buying a monitor that I can rotate to use as a vertical monitor? Also, I want to know if someone is using it for program...
New
AstonJ
Always interested in seeing what apps people use and how they organise their phones/home screens! Here’s mine…
New
AstonJ
Great paper by Igor Kopestenski on Erlang and GRiSP: Erlang as an Enabling Technology for Resilient General-Purpose Applications on Edge ...
New
AstonJ
Just listened to @rvirding’s interview here and he mentions #lua (and Luerl) - just wondered if anyone’s used Lua and what you think of it?
New
Exadra37
A modern streaming platform for mission critical workloads Redpanda is a Kafka® compatible event streaming platform. No Zookeeper®, no JV...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
DevotionGeo
Hi everyone! I bought this domain name when I was planning to create a website like ElixirSchool.com, but that didn’t ever happen. Now ...
New
AstonJ
Thought this would be a nice way to start the year - have you seen or written a function (or method) or piece of code that you are partic...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New