AstonJ
Do you remap Caps Lock?
Curious whether you remap your Caps Lock.
Do you remap your Caps Lock key?
- No - I keep it as Caps Lock
- Yes - to nothing/no action
- Yes - to Control
- Yes - to Option
- Yes - to Command
- Yes - to Globe
- Yes - to Escape
- Yes - to Back Space
- Yes - to FN
- Yes - to something else (please say in thread!)
0
voters
I have no idea what Globe is btw, just seen it in the macOS options:
Most Liked
toon159
My Caps Lock was for changing input sources, after reading this post, I moved it to the globe key and remapped Caps Lock to Escape instead.
2
Eiji
I have only one question: Why? ![]()
1
AstonJ
Mostly Vim users (CTRL is used a lot) or those who hate CL being hit by accident! ![]()
1
Popular General Dev topics
The obligatory speed test thread :smiley:
Check here: https://www.speedtest.net
When complete, click on the share link and copy and pas...
New
Inspired by this thread about arcade games - which I initially misread as favorite arcade game soundtracks - I wanted to ask about your f...
New
Example for a random image with the size of 200x300:
For a specific image:
New
I am a Linux user since 2012, more or less, and I always use Ubuntu on my computers, and my last 2 laptops have been used Thinkpads, wher...
New
Inspired by this post from @Carter, which languages, frameworks or other tech or tools do you think is killing it right now? :upside_down...
New
TLDR
Hacking 30 Mobile Apps and their APIs with consent of some of the major providers in the area.
100% success rate in hacking the AP...
New
Hi all, does anybody tried Shankar Devy’s Phoenix Inside Out book series?
Also, will there be a big difference (aside from context prior...
New
With 100% less blockchain.
I went searching for a lightweight immutable database that could be audited and ran into this.
I guess this ...
New
My brother got a VPS on https://contabo.com hosting provider, but I was not aware of them, and when my brother told me the price and spec...
New
I am using MS Copilot in daily work.
New
Other popular topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting:
asdf install erlang 23.1.2
Configure failed.
checking ...
New
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
Will Swifties’ war on AI fakes spark a deepfake porn reckoning?
New
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code.
...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11394)
- Dev Chat
- Questions (38)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors (59)
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel










