AstonJ

AstonJ

What's your favourite tools/languages that compile into JS?

Here’s a pretty good list of them: https://github.com/jashkenas/coffeescript/wiki/List-of-languages-that-compile-to-JS

What’s your favourite… and why?

Most Liked

mafinar

mafinar

ClojureScript. Clojure is one of my favorite languages and my first non-trivial exposure to tools that compiled to JS happened with it (other than CoffeeScript - not a fan), so maybe I’m biased. I just can reason about things with Clojure(Script) better, it has decent interop, great React wrapper, an amazing framework and shadow-cljs <3 . YMM totally V.

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

OCaml translates to javascript very well. It has two ways too, bucklescript, which converts the AST to javascript and thus makes much more idiomatic and readable javascript, or js_of_ocaml (jsoo), which converts the bytecode to javascript, can often be a little bit faster than bucklescript in some cases but mostly on par, however it doesn’t require the source where bucklescript does require the source, so jsoo is more ‘generically’ useful, though it does output very very low level unreadable javascript. ^.^;

Emscripten has been my main thing that’s converted to javascript to date, but nothing ‘in production’ with it, wasm is better now anyway for those kinds of things.

Purescript sounds interesting too though, but not tried it yet.

DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

Currently Svelte.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

justinjunodev
:rotating_light: Silly Post Alert :rotating_light: With the Coronavirus keeping the majority of us developers quarantined, how many “new...
New
kokolegorille
Hello everyone, Does anybody uses Web Components in 2020? It’s quite old, but recently it seems to have some kind of revival. I have be...
New
AstonJ
DHH might like you to believe they are a thing of the past: https://twitter.com/dhh/status/1275902566719610880 I actually went down thi...
New
First poster: bot
The Analytics That Matter | CSS-Tricks. I’ve long been skeptical of quoting global browser usage percentages to justify their usage of b...
New
finner
Some resources for Spring Home of Spring Spring Initializr Head First Spring with Reactor
New
AstonJ
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on choosing between these two languages for WebAssembly? I definitely want to explore wasm, and rea...
New
KnowledgeIsPower
It seems it is going to change, currently they forked Next.JS. Now they want to stop forking it and change their project direction.
New
DevynClark
Front-end Developer Griffin, USA As a student in college looking for a way to break into Front-end Web Development, the rise of things s...
New
Amzy31
Charlex WebOS: A Zero-Trust Web Page as an Operating System Experience a fun and innovative web-based operating system simulation crafte...
New
Cetagl
Seeking a freelance coder to build an internal operator desk application. Core setup: Pure Electron + TypeScript + React build (zero p...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New