MikhailPertsev

MikhailPertsev

Modern CSS - what are you using/recommend?

Finally, I am going to enhance my css skills!
I have always somehow ignored this, but now I finally decided to understand animations, transitions, gradients, and other stuff.

Most Liked

gianthamster

gianthamster

I’m in developer love with Tailwind CSS right now. It’s really improved my velocity and has helped me make things responsive in a way I never truly had the time or patience for before.

In a nutshell, instead of writing CSS you use a whole lot of little utility classes in your HTML to style the page. This definitely makes your markup messier, but not having to write your own CSS and not having to switch back and forth between your template and a CSS file more than makes up for it.

Rainer

Rainer

I’m using Bootstrap since some years ago we used it for a project in my company, I keep hearing good things about Tailwind, but until now I stuck to Bootstrap just because I was too lazy to dig into something new :smiley:

MikhailPertsev

MikhailPertsev

So, you can create your own reusable css “classes-functions” with @apply directive, right? I like this kind of “functional css” approach :laughing:

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

New
First poster: bot
React is Dead. Long live Reactive Rails! Long live StimulusReflex and ViewComponent!. Let me tell you about the feeling that I get when ...
New
AstonJ
DHH might like you to believe they are a thing of the past: https://twitter.com/dhh/status/1275902566719610880 I actually went down thi...
New
First poster: bot
The Analytics That Matter | CSS-Tricks. I’ve long been skeptical of quoting global browser usage percentages to justify their usage of b...
New
finner
Some resources for Spring Home of Spring Spring Initializr Head First Spring with Reactor
New
AstonJ
Just discovered AssemblyScript (our portal is here). It…“aims to make it easy to compile to WebAssembly using TypeScript, no strings att...
New
New
First poster: bot
A 3D racing game built with ClojureScript, React and ThreeJS
New
SynergyRob
I invented a game of double Chess called Synergy Chess. I am not a coder. I hired someone to write the program. People can play online fo...
New
max_alyokhin
I created a web-synthesizer that generates sound from the binary code of any files. It can synthesize sound directly in the browser, or b...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New