AstonJ
What's your flavour of JS on the frontend?
Sprinkles of JS, or full frontend frameworks? What do you use and why?
Most Liked
dbernheisel
My preferred tech stack so far:
- Elixir and Phoenix LiveView. This gets me really really far into what I need to do, both on the backend and frontend.
- AlpineJS for light user interaction like dropdowns and hiding/showing elements. The benefit here is that I can write regular EEX and LEEX the same way and AlpineJS still works, thanks to this PR.
-
Vue for heavy user interaction like WYSIWYG editors. When using LiveView, I have to be conscience of where mounting is occuring
- if it’s EEX then there’s nothing unusual and Vue will pick up the HTML after page-load and do it’s normal thing
- if it’s LEEX then I have to ensure that a LiveView JS hook is mounting the Vue after LiveView mounts the elements.
-
TailwindCSS for styling. This is incredibly declarative and puts the css closer to the HTML which I’ve enjoyed. It pairs nicely with AlpineJS which is similar in philosophy (declarative). Some might think this is pure CSS soup, but I don’t see it that way. There are plenty of moments where I extract to a CSS class to keep it more succinct (a
.nav-linkclass for example). I’ve also bought into Tailwind UI to help me prototype faster.
7
OvermindDL1
DevotionGeo
I use both of the approaches, but I really like Turbolinks + Stimulus.
4
Popular Frontend topics
I’m very interested in the Stimulus reflex approach for frontend development:
It is a great way to integrate action cable very easily ...
New
New
Why do ARM chips have an instruction with Javascript in the name (FJCVTZS)?.
FJCVTZS is “Floating-point Javascript Convert to Signed fix...
New
Just discovered AssemblyScript (our portal is here).
It…“aims to make it easy to compile to WebAssembly using TypeScript, no strings att...
New
Just like I did one on Tailwind some time ago, I am going to play with AlpineJS the next few days. It’s a nice little JS framework that ...
New
Hello,
This is pretty basic. I was trying to explore the front-end development as I was not from a tech background. But, very much inter...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
When it comes to integrating messaging features into super apps, you’ll want a reliable and efficient solution. Here are some top SMS API...
New
Front-end Developer Griffin, USA
As a student in college looking for a way to break into Front-end Web Development, the rise of things s...
New
Hi Elixir and React friends!
I read a post (Stephen Bussey - React in LiveView: How and Why?) on use case for reaching react for complex...
New
Other popular topics
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









