AstonJ

AstonJ

Poll: Which code editor do you use?

You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give VSCode a run for its money! Mainly, Brackets (from Adobe) and Codespaces (in-browser editor and cloud dev environment from Github).

  • Visual Studio Code
  • Vim (or a variant)
  • Emacs (or a variant)
  • Notepad++
  • Sublime Text
  • Atom
  • TextMate
  • Codespaces
  • Brackets
  • Other - please say in thread!

0 voters

You can always come back and change your vote later :+1:

Most Liked

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

I’m surprised JetBrains IDE’s aren’t on there, some of the most used in the world. But I primarily use JetBrains IDE’s or emacs. ^.^

I put other since I use jetbrains more, but it should be multiple choice. ^.^

DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

Often Visual Studio Code (with Vim extension) and sometimes Vim.

lucaong

lucaong

Vim is my main editor (it works great for me, but I wouldn’t go around “recruiting” people: the right editor is the one that works for you).

When pair programming though, I use VSCode, so my pairing partner doesn’t need to learn my specific setup. When remote pairing, VSCode Live Share is just amazing.

In sum, Vim, but bravo to VSCode for some amazing features that make remote pairing so smooth!

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
SpaceVim seems to be gaining in features and popularity and I just wondered how it compares with SpaceMacs in 2020 - anyone have any thou...
New
AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
AstonJ
Please share your favourite Vim tips here :nerd_face:
New
First poster: bot
At least one Vim trick you might not know • Hillel Wayne. I’ve been using Vim for eight years and am still discovering new things. This...
New
CommunityNews
adobe/brackets. An open source code editor for the web, written in JavaScript, HTML and CSS. - adobe/brackets This thread was posted...
New
First poster: bot
VIM Clutch is a hardware pedal for improved text editing speed for users of the magnificent VIM text editor (1, 2). When the pedal is pre...
New
First poster: bot
Once, there was a civilization (the Lisp Machine world) a lot like ours, but more advanced, with greater powers (like symbolic computatio...
New
First poster: bot
This article is the fifth of the series aimed to teach Vim from the ground up: Vim from the ground up Vim for Beginners Vim for Interm...
New
First poster: bot
Why? Why create Slate? Well… (Beware: this section has a few of my opinions!) Before creating Slate, I tried a lot of the other rich tex...
New
AstonJ
This was interesting: He’s definitely more of an Emacs fan (which is fine) and the thing I found interesting is how you wo...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New