DevynClark

DevynClark

With the rise of AI - is there anything left for me?

Front-end Developer Griffin, USA

As a student in college looking for a way to break into Front-end Web Development, the rise of things such as AI being used to replace juniors has really unnerved me. Is there any place for my skills(HTML, CSS, JavaScript, ReactJS) outside of Front-end?

Most Liked

nabaldev

nabaldev

Hi Devyn, I had too this doubt in my mind but after listening to professionals I’m relaxed. AI is no doubt so advanced to do any basic coding. But humans can’t simply rely on it. AI don’t know what it needs to write but human does. So we can say AI can’t replace humans but human using AI can do it. Still you need to be expert enough to see if AI has done the right job for you. So I’ll suggest to make your expertise in coding and mindset too. It will help you a lot.

alvinkatojr

alvinkatojr

There has been a lot of talk about AI replacing juniors, but I take those words with a pinch of salt. Right now, AI is the new hype train. A few years ago, it was blockchain, and who knows what the next hype will be?

AI is just a tool. Think of it this way, all planes have autopilot software systems but that doesn’t mean that pilots are useless.

So long as there are websites, there will always be a place for your skills. But most importantly, don’t stay static; dig deeper: learn other languages and the lower levels of computing(e.g., C, Assembly, Architecture, etc.).

Every complex thing is built on something simple and AI itself is still just a computer program which was written by a programmer who was supposed to be replaced by AI. Sounds silly doesn’t it?

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

justinjunodev
:rotating_light: Silly Post Alert :rotating_light: With the Coronavirus keeping the majority of us developers quarantined, how many “new...
New
AstonJ
Sprinkles of JS, or full frontend frameworks? What do you use and why?
New
AstonJ
Here’s a pretty good list of them: https://github.com/jashkenas/coffeescript/wiki/List-of-languages-that-compile-to-JS What’s your favou...
New
First poster: bot
React is Dead. Long live Reactive Rails! Long live StimulusReflex and ViewComponent!. Let me tell you about the feeling that I get when ...
New
MikhailPertsev
Finally, I am going to enhance my css skills! I have always somehow ignored this, but now I finally decided to understand animations, tr...
New
finner
Some resources for Spring Home of Spring Spring Initializr Head First Spring with Reactor
New
First poster: bot
A 3D racing game built with ClojureScript, React and ThreeJS
New
KnowledgeIsPower
It seems it is going to change, currently they forked Next.JS. Now they want to stop forking it and change their project direction.
New
SynergyRob
I invented a game of double Chess called Synergy Chess. I am not a coder. I hired someone to write the program. People can play online fo...
New
jaeyson
Hi Elixir and React friends! I read a post (Stephen Bussey - React in LiveView: How and Why?) on use case for reaching react for complex...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New