Reinis

Reinis

Good CSS learning resources and blog posts?

For the last few months I’ve been (re)-learning vanilla CSS. Initially I did not ‘get’ how to structure CSS to take advantage of the ‘cascade’ and avoid specificity issues. Thus gravitated toward TailwindCSS. But now that I’m starting to grok vanilla CSS better, and especially modern features like layers, custom HTML elements and Declarative Shadow DOM, it is a game changer!

Most Liked

Hallski

Hallski

Plus one on CSS tricks, can also recommend Kevin Powell on YouTube:
https://m.youtube.com/@KevinPowell

Eiji

Eiji

Tons of tutorials with examples on codepen

Just to check browser support

Svelte looks amazing for scoped styles

AstonJ

AstonJ

I’ve had these bookmarked for a while. - just not had time to go through them yet:

If you do please let us know what you think!

There’s also the tailwind book: book-modern-css-with-tailwind-second-edition :023:

(PS I moved these posts into a separate thread as I imagine lots of people will be interested!)

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

New
New
MikhailPertsev
Finally, I am going to enhance my css skills! I have always somehow ignored this, but now I finally decided to understand animations, tr...
New
finner
Some resources for Spring Home of Spring Spring Initializr Head First Spring with Reactor
New
mafinar
I (re-)realized I had the book “Modern CSS with Tailwind” bought, never read a page of it until today. With me being a fast reader and th...
New
First poster: bot
Interactive periodic table showing names, electrons, and oxidation states. Visualize trends, 3D orbitals, isotopes, and mix compounds. Fu...
New
mtmattei
A few months ago, Uno Platform unveiled Uno Platform for Figma plugin, a plugin created to turn your high-fidelity Figma design into XAML...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am trying to recycle myself and improve my knowledge about Phoenix. With 1.7 now out, this seems like a good opportunity. ...
New
guaip
I’ve been doing front-end as a freelancer for 15 years. I have some PHP background and still do some backend stuff to this day, but I spe...
New
toollist
Hey folks, Wanted to share a Chrome extension I’ve been using for Instagram data collection, and also open up a discussion about one of ...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New