brainlid
Thinking Elixir 236 - Turn it up to 1000!
Episode 236 of Thinking Elixir. News includes José Valim’s exciting PR for Elixir 1.19 that dramatically enhances type inference capabilities, ElixirLS’s new 0.26.0 release with Elixir 1.18 support, a fascinating new DenoRider library for embedding JavaScript runtime in Elixir applications, Gleam v1.7.0’s release with improved performance and publishing features, and more!
Popular Backend topics
New
Just finished doing a clean install of macOS (which I highly recommend btw!) and have updated my macOS Ruby & Elixir/Erlang dev env s...
New
I had a bit of a mini-adventure following Sobelow’s advice on adding a CSP to a Phoenix App. If you want to follow along, or want to add ...
New
Like, on a scale from c to rust?
issue
c
zig (release-safe)
rust (release)
out-of-bounds heap read/write
none
runtime
runtime
...
New
I discovered Elixir and Go at about the same time (2019). I had pivoted almost eight years of working as a Java developer, and part of me...
New
I’ve been more serious about learning Rust recently, after dragging on with passive learning for a while. My first real programming langu...
New
We take a deeper dive with Nathan Long into IOLists in Elixir. We cover what they are, how they work, the power they have when concatenat...
New
I wrote Python for the last 10 years, and I always tend to write code in a “functional” way - map, filter, lambda and so on, it makes me ...
New
Another week, another oldies-but-goldies post…
This one about Test Driven Development.
New
Ruby’s Struct is one of several powerful core classes which is often overlooked and under utilized compared to the more popular Hash clas...
New
Other popular topics
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
Author Spotlight
Rebecca Skinner
@RebeccaSkinner
Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply…
File > New Rule:
And select Deny, O...
New
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Latest in Elixir
Latest in JavaScript
Latest in Deno
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









