SmithyTT

SmithyTT

Language Wars: C++, Java, C#, Python, Rust, TypeScript, Go, JS, Haskell, OCaml, Scala, Elm, F#, ReasonML, Elixir

Billed as the ultimate rating of modern programming languages yet Python and Rust only gets two stars :rofl: but good news for erlang-elixir fanboys and fangirls - author clearly fan of functional languages :crazy_face:

https://medium.com/better-programming/modern-languages-suck-ad21cbc8a57c

Hey @AstonJ can you increase tag limit pls? Wanted to add erlang as well buddy!

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Could be a good idea actually! :nerd_face:

Let’s try a tag for now tho - added to the thread :+1:

AstonJ

AstonJ

Done… and added :nerd_face:

The blog post looks good! I need to find some time to read it properly - it’s kinda long :upside_down_face:

SmithyTT

SmithyTT

Thanks Aston! The article is well worth reading…as are the comments. Do we need a controversial tag or portal?

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

emoragaf
Hey all, I blogged about using pattern matching to replace conditional checks (post in Spanish)
New
Exadra37
https://medium.com/better-programming/33-amazing-github-repositories-for-mobile-developers-c62cd8ea0e98 In this article, we will explor...
New
New
New
New
paulanthonywilson
I put together a quick run through of the talks that I attended at Elixir Conf EU 2023, in Lisbon.
New
abhi9u
This article goes in depth coverage of memory management implementation in CPython and takes the reader through the source code to show h...
New
SubeeTalks
Agent Workflows offer a solution to automate repetitive business tasks traditionally handled by knowledge workers, enhancing operational ...
New
lawik
I share my continued thoughts and plans for whacking parts of the Elixir ecosystem together to see if I get sparks.
New
rhcarvalho
At the heart of every Phoenix application is the often “invisible” HTTP server layer. For over a decade Cowboy has served the community ...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
New
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New