brainlid

brainlid

Thinking Elixir 303 - The Taming of the Slop

Episode 303 of Thinking Elixir. News includes the Erlang Ecosystem Foundation publishing its 2026 board election candidates with voting now open, a new GitHub organization called Elixir-Vibe launching with tools to detect and fix AI-generated Elixir “slop” — including ExSlop and the related semantic linter Credence, erlang_python 3.0.0 arriving with true parallelism by embedding CPython into the BEAM as a first-class citizen, ElixirConf EU 2026 videos beginning to drop including keynotes from José Valim and Chris McCord, and more!

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

dimitarvp
Apparently he decided to live-stream how he’s going to create a semver library.
New
AstonJ
This article was written by @rvirding …over a decade ago! Posting here in case anyone else finds it of interest and adding it to our Erla...
New
New
First poster: bot
Such inflammatory, much wow. Unfortunately, Haskell itself agrees. Some languages naturally lend themselves towards adoption. Some don’t...
New
First poster: bot
Why Zig When There is Already C++, D, and Rust? No hidden control flow No hidden allocations First-class support for no standard library...
New
First poster: malloryerik
Everyone outside of tech has heard of JavaScript, Java, Python, Ruby and even .Net, but few if any have heard of F#. However, F# may be o...
New
First poster: bot
Once a year, I look back at the recent developments in the PHP world, and also look forward to what’s to come. And just like in 2020 and ...
New
AstonJ
This was posted on the Elixir Forum and thought it was worth sharing here! I love how the excitement of the author shines through and I ...
New
wolf4earth
Charles Max Wood takes the lead this week. He and Adi Iyengar discuss what Top End Devs are and what people should be doing to become Top...
New
brainlid
Episode 264 of Thinking Elixir. News includes Phoenix v1.8 shipping with an AGENTS markdown file for new apps to enhance coding agent exp...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New