chiroptical

chiroptical

A short introduction to `maybe_expr` in Erlang

I am a huge fan of functional programming and recently discovered the maybe expression in Erlang. In the blog post I show an example of code I refactored recently using maybe, how to enable the expression in OTP 25 (and up), and compare it to a language feature in Haskell (ExceptT).

Most Liked

chiroptical

chiroptical

Awesome, thanks for the info! I am very hopeful to start writing more of my Erlang journeys.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

Exadra37
What is Firestore? Firestore is one of many products in the Firebase product line. Firestore is a document-based NoSQL database. Firebas...
New
Exadra37
https://medium.com/better-programming/33-amazing-github-repositories-for-mobile-developers-c62cd8ea0e98 In this article, we will explor...
New
Exadra37
I came across a video where the Vice Chairman of Morgan Stanley, Carla Harris was interviewed…. She said something that struck my nerves...
New
AstonJ
This talk by @wolf4earth was posted in a thread about pull requests, but it warrants a thread of its own :blush: As Sascha highlights, b...
New
New
ErlangSolutions
If you were unable to join us recently for Code Mesh V conference you can catch up with our full suite of talk videos, QandA sessions and...
New
wmnnd
Here’s the story how one of the world’s first production deployments of LiveView came to be - and how trying to improve it almost caused ...
New
SubeeTalks
Agent Workflows offer a solution to automate repetitive business tasks traditionally handled by knowledge workers, enhancing operational ...
New
kjwvanijk
https://medium.com/@kjw.vandijk_98810/cardano-meets-elixir-and-phoenix-liveview-956fdfa69931
New
rhcarvalho
The Phoenix framework is notorious for its long term stability and dependability. Unlike most comparable projects, the Phoenix team activ...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New