Devtalk

Devtalk

What dev-related stuff have you been up to?

Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!?

If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’ve been up to! :cowboy_hat_face:

1063 24246 395

Most Liked

Phillipp

Phillipp

I recently switched my workplace and somehow ended up as a frontend developer.

But personally I will stay with Elixir. Actually, I don’t code much in my free time anymore, but I have one bigger project for this year. I aim to build a night vision streaming camera using a Raspberry Pi Zero M and the Nerves Framework. I already got all the hardware parts.

wolf4earth

wolf4earth

I’ve started to dig into Linux sysadmin topics. The whole area of actually setting up a machine, configuring a proper network, and keeping everything up-to-date and secure while automating most (if not all of this) has been a big blindspot of mine in these past years.

To not blindly learn random things I made it my goal to use a bunch of Raspberry Pis (or ODROIDS) and cluster them using Kubernetes or Nomad, and to do this from scratch (install OS, network etc). I assume that this will touch on all the relevant topics. It’s also a great basis for the homelab I’ve always wanted to build to run a media center and more.

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Well it’s been a while, but thanks to pandemic I worked from home, and had a new baby, so my free time was utterly non-existent! My own projects languished so hard… But now I’m back working in person, the little one is becoming self-sufficient, and I’ve learned I hate Rust’s implementation of async… ^.^;

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

wolf4earth
Inspired by this thread about arcade games - which I initially misread as favorite arcade game soundtracks - I wanted to ask about your f...
New
AstonJ
In your opinion which programming languages are simple to use and easy to get started wither those who don’t have a computer science bac...
New
AstonJ
Which apps do you think are killing it right now? Either from a technical perspective or ones that you like personally or feel have been...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
Want to plug where you work? Here’s your chance! Perhaps you could also mention what kind of stuff you’re working on? :nerd_face:
New
chasekaylee
I’ve been using the classic notebook to-do list, but I’m curious to hear what awesome tools are out there that I am not aware of. I’m alw...
New
Exadra37
Have you ever wanted to build something but you had no idea what to do? Just as authors sometimes have “writers block” it’s also true for...
New
DevotionGeo
As the title suggests, this thread will contain some real wisdom came from experience. Please add something meaningful than fancy looking...
New
AstonJ
Things like smart speakers (such Amazon Alexa), smart TVs or other devices with built in microphones, cameras or with other features that...
New
dwaynebradley
For those that are interested, Snyk (developer security tool) announced support for Elixir earlier this week: Just thought I’d pass it...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New