mikecargal

mikecargal

Hands-on Rust: Bracket-lib on Mac OS issue

Please use the following format for the title of this thread (then simply delete/replace this text with the content for the thread):

Title: Hands-on Rust (page number ?? (ePub))

(may not be a problem so much with text of book)

When running examples using Bracket-lib on Mac OS, I always get the following logged out to my terminal…

2020-11-19 15:56:29.649 dungeoncrawl[23603:3643367] NSKeyBindingManager: Bad key binding atom for '$\UF72B' = 'moveToEndOfLineAndModifySelection:'
2020-11-19 15:56:29.650 dungeoncrawl[23603:3643367] NSKeyBindingManager: Bad key binding atom for '$\UF729' = 'moveToBeginningOfLineAndModifySelection:'
2020-11-19 15:56:29.650 dungeoncrawl[23603:3643367] NSKeyBindingManager: Bad key binding atom for '\UF72B' = 'moveToEndOfLine:'
2020-11-19 15:56:29.650 dungeoncrawl[23603:3643367] NSKeyBindingManager: Bad key binding atom for '\UF729' = 'moveToBeginningOfLine:'
2020-11-19 15:56:29.650 dungeoncrawl[23603:3643367] NSKeyBindingManager: Bad key binding atom for '\UF72C' = 'pageUp:'
2020-11-19 15:56:29.650 dungeoncrawl[23603:3643367] NSKeyBindingManager: Bad key binding atom for '\UF72D' = 'pageDown:'

Most Liked

mikecargal

mikecargal

related (in that it looks like it’s a bracket-lib issue with MacOS)

Big Sur is now rounding the bottom corner of the terminal window, so characters there are not fully rendered:

I know… that made your day…

herbert

herbert

Author of Hands-on Rust

I’ve made some progress on this at the library level. It looks like some of the bindings changed, and OS X spits out warnings as a result. The in-development version binds to a newer winit which resolved that. Still working on the gutter, and newly-discovered issues compiling to Apple’s new M1 chip natively (it’s fixed upstream, but I can’t fix it until upstream publishes a crate on which I can depend). The issues are being tracked at https://github.com/thebracket/bracket-lib/issues/171

herbert

herbert

Author of Hands-on Rust

Thanks for reporting it! I’ve logged it in the issue tracker. That’s an odd one. Bracket-lib uses winit for keyboard handling, and I haven’t had any reports of Macs doing that (I’ll see if I can borrow one at the weekend to try and reproduce the issue). It’s really curious, because I don’t think we’re even using most of those bindings?

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jimschubert
In Chapter 3, the source for index introduces Config on page 31, followed by more code including tests; Config isn’t introduced until pag...
New
belgoros
Following the steps described in Chapter 6 of the book, I’m stuck with running the migration as described on page 84: bundle exec sequel...
New
JohnS
I can’t setup the Rails source code. This happens in a working directory containing multiple (postgres) Rails apps. With: ruby-3.0.0 s...
New
AndyDavis3416
@noelrappin Running the webpack dev server, I receive the following warning: ERROR in tsconfig.json TS18003: No inputs were found in c...
New
jskubick
I think I might have found a problem involving SwitchCompat, thumbTint, and trackTint. As entered, the SwitchCompat changes color to hol...
New
jskubick
I found an issue in Chapter 7 regarding android:backgroundTint vs app:backgroundTint. How to replicate: load chapter-7 from zipfile i...
New
AufHe
I’m a newbie to Rails 7 and have hit an issue with the bin/Dev script mentioned on pages 112-113. Iteration A1 - Seeing the list of prod...
New
kolossal
Hi, I need some help, I’m new to rust and was learning through your book. but I got stuck at the last stage of distribution. Whenever I t...
New
andreheijstek
After running /bin/setup, the first error was: The foreman' command exists in these Ruby versions: That was easy to fix: gem install fore...
New
SlowburnAZ
Getting an error when installing the dependencies at the start of this chapter: could not compile dependency :exla, "mix compile" failed...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New

Sub Categories: