felixbuchholz

felixbuchholz

book-ash-framework: AshFramework B6: Seed Albums (page 38)

Hi,

Thanks for this great book!

Not sure if I missed something, if it’s even worth mentioning, or if this was even an intentional side quest to discover how awesomely descriptive errors in Ash can be, but wanted to share in case it’s useful.

After uncommenting the command to run the seed file script for albums and then running mix seed, I got the following error:

** (Ash.Error.Invalid) 
Invalid Error

* Tunez.Music.Artist.read had no matching bulk strategy that could be used.

Requested strategies: [:stream]

Could not use `:stream`: could not stream the query
Could not use `:atomic_batches`: Not in requested strategies
Could not use `:atomic`: Not in requested strategies



Non stream reason:

Action Tunez.Music.Artist.read does not support streaming with one of [:keyset].

There are two ways to handle this.

1.) Use the `allow_stream_with` or `stream_with` options to control what strategies are allowed.
2.) Enable the respective required pagination type on the action read, for example:

    # allow keyset
    pagination keyset?: true, required?: false

    # allow offset
    pagination offset?: true, required?: false

    # allow both
    pagination offset?: true, keyset?: true, required?: false

I fixed it with the first recommendation of number 2.) and it was only a tiny obstacle, so up to you if that warrants a small note mentioning this.

Best,
Felix

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

ianwillie
Hello Brian, I have some problems with running the code in your book. I like the style of the book very much and I have learnt a lot as...
New
herminiotorres
Hi @Margaret , On page VII the book tells us the example and snippets will be all using Elixir version 1.11 But on page 3 almost the en...
New
Mmm
Hi, build fails on: bracket-lib = “~0.8.1” when running on Mac Mini M1 Rust version 1.5.0: Compiling winit v0.22.2 error[E0308]: mi...
New
AleksandrKudashkin
On the page xv there is an instruction to run bin/setup from the main folder. I downloaded the source code today (12/03/21) and can’t see...
New
curtosis
Running mix deps.get in the sensor_hub directory fails with the following error: ** (Mix) No SSH public keys found in ~/.ssh. An ssh aut...
New
fynn
This is as much a suggestion as a question, as a note for others. Locally the SGP30 wasn’t available, so I ordered a SGP40. On page 53, ...
New
nicoatridge
Hi, I have just acquired Michael Fazio’s “Kotlin and Android Development” to learn about game programming for Android. I have a game in p...
New
taguniversalmachine
It seems the second code snippet is missing the code to set the current_user: current_user: Accounts.get_user_by_session_token(session["...
New
bjnord
Hello @herbert ! Trying to get the very first “Hello, Bracket Terminal!" example to run (p. 53). I develop on an Amazon EC2 instance runn...
New
davetron5000
Hello faithful readers! If you have tried to follow along in the book, you are asked to start up the dev environment via dx/build and ar...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New

Latest in Ash Framework

Sub Categories: