Volohnix
Hands-on Rust: Can't make executable work
Hello, first post in this platform.. so if I posting in the wrong place, forgive me.
I’m finishing my journey with the book but I cannot make my executable to work:
thread 'main' panicked at /Users/miname/.cargo/registry/src/index.crates.io-1949cf8c6b5b557f/bracket-terminal-0.8.7/src/hal/gl_common/font.rs:45:18:
Failed to load texture: IoError(Os { code: 2, kind: NotFound, message: "No such file or directory" })
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace
I’ve already checked the folder arrangement and looks ok:
mygame folder is also following this:
.
├── Cargo.lock
├── Cargo.toml
├── readme.md
├── resources
│ ├── dungeonfont.png
│ ├── template.ron
│ └── terminal8x8.png
└── src
├── camera.rs
├── components.rs
├── main.rs
├── map_builder
│ ├── automata.rs
│ ├── drunkard.rs
│ ├── empty.rs
│ ├── mod.rs
│ ├── prefab.rs
│ ├── rooms.rs
│ └── themes.rs
├── map.rs
├── spawner
│ ├── mod.rs
│ └── template.rs
├── systems
│ ├── chasing.rs
│ ├── combat.rs
│ ├── end_turn.rs
│ ├── entity_render.rs
│ ├── fov.rs
│ ├── hud.rs
│ ├── map_render.rs
│ ├── mod.rs
│ ├── movement.rs
│ ├── player_input.rs
│ ├── random_move.rs
│ ├── tooltips.rs
│ ├── use_item.rs
│ └── use_items.rs
└── turn_state.rs
fn main() -> BError {
let context = BTermBuilder::new()
.with_title("Dungeon Crawler")
.with_fps_cap(30.0)
.with_dimensions(DISPLAY_WIDTH, DISPLAY_HEIGHT)
.with_tile_dimensions(32, 32)
.with_resource_path("resources/")
.with_font("dungeonfont.png", 32, 32)
.with_font("terminal8x8.png", 8, 8)
.with_simple_console(
DISPLAY_WIDTH,
DISPLAY_HEIGHT,
"dungeonfont.png",
)
.with_simple_console_no_bg(
DISPLAY_WIDTH,
DISPLAY_HEIGHT,
"dungeonfont.png",
)
.with_simple_console_no_bg(
SCREEN_WIDTH * 2,
SCREEN_HEIGHT * 2,
"terminal8x8.png",
)
.build()?;
main_loop(context, State::new())
}
When I run the game with cargo run it works perfectly. The issue is only with the build --release
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
As per the title, thanks.
New
Working through the steps (checking that the Info,plist matches exactly), run the demo game and what appears is grey but does not fill th...
New
Hello Brian,
I have some problems with running the code in your book. I like the style of the book very much and I have learnt a lot as...
New
The generated iex result below should list products instead of product for the metadata. (page 67)
iex> product = %Product{}
%Pento....
New
In case this helps anyone, I’ve had issues setting up the rails source code. Here were the solutions:
In Gemfile, change
gem 'rails'
t...
New
Hi, I have just acquired Michael Fazio’s “Kotlin and Android Development” to learn about game programming for Android. I have a game in p...
New
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
The test is as follows:
Scenario: Intersecting a scaled sphere with a ray
Given r ← ray(point(0, 0, -5), vector(0, 0, 1))
And s ← sphere...
New
On page 78 the following code appears:
<%= link_to ‘Destroy’, product,
class: ‘hover:underline’,
method: :delete,
data: { confirm...
New
Book: Programming Phoenix LiveView, page 142 (157/378), file lib/pento_web/live/product_live/form_component.ex, in the function below:
d...
New
Other popular topics
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
Will Swifties’ war on AI fakes spark a deepfake porn reckoning?
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun
Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel










