telemachus
Warnings in Python Testing With Pytest Chapter 2
Python Testing With Pytest - Chapter 2, warnings for “unregistered custom marks”
While running the smoke tests in Chapter 2, I get these warnings:
tests/func/test_add.py:18
/Users/telemachus/Downloads/pytest-code/ch2/tasks_proj/tests/func/test_add.py:18: PytestUnknownMarkWarning: Unknown pytest.mark.smoke - is this a typo? You can register custom marks to avoid this warning - for details, see https://docs.pytest.org/en/latest/mark.html
@pytest.mark.smoke
tests/func/test_api_exceptions.py:13
/Users/telemachus/Downloads/pytest-code/ch2/tasks_proj/tests/func/test_api_exceptions.py:13: PytestUnknownMarkWarning: Unknown pytest.mark.smoke - is this a typo? You can register custom marks to avoid this warning - for details, see https://docs.pytest.org/en/latest/mark.html
@pytest.mark.smoke
tests/func/test_api_exceptions.py:20
/Users/telemachus/Downloads/pytest-code/ch2/tasks_proj/tests/func/test_api_exceptions.py:20: PytestUnknownMarkWarning: Unknown pytest.mark.get - is this a typo? You can register custom marks to avoid this warning - for details, see https://docs.pytest.org/en/latest/mark.html
@pytest.mark.get
tests/func/test_api_exceptions.py:21
/Users/telemachus/Downloads/pytest-code/ch2/tasks_proj/tests/func/test_api_exceptions.py:21: PytestUnknownMarkWarning: Unknown pytest.mark.smoke - is this a typo? You can register custom marks to avoid this warning - for details, see https://docs.pytest.org/en/latest/mark.html
@pytest.mark.smoke
-- Docs: https://docs.pytest.org/en/latest/warnings.html
Happily, pytest has great error messages, and this was pretty easy to fix. I just added information to pytest.ini. But if the book gets an update, you should probably update the code for the latest pytest API. (I’m guessing that you didn’t use to have to register custom marks this way?)
Most Liked
brianokken
Author of Python Testing with pytest
Great of you to point this out.
Yes, I recommend adding the following to pytest.ini:
[pytest]
markers =
smoke
get
3
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
Working through the steps (checking that the Info,plist matches exactly), run the demo game and what appears is grey but does not fill th...
New
your book suggests to use Image.toByteData() to convert image to bytes, however I get the following error: "the getter ‘toByteData’ isn’t...
New
I thought that there might be interest in using the book with Rails 6.1 and Ruby 2.7.2. I’ll note what I needed to do differently here.
...
New
Hello! On page xix of the preface, it says there is a community forum "… for help if your’re stuck on one of the exercises in this book… ...
New
Hi Travis! Thank you for the cool book! :slight_smile:
I made a list of issues and thought I could post them chapter by chapter. I’m rev...
New
A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms, Second Edition by Jay Wengrow @jaywengrow
Hi,
I have the paperback version of t...
New
#book-python-testing-with-pytest-second-edition
Hi. Thanks for writing the book. I am just learning so this might just of been an issue ...
New
I’m new to Rust and am using this book to learn more as well as to feed my interest in game dev. I’ve just finished the flappy dragon exa...
New
I got this error when executing the plot files on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 with Python 3.10.8 and matplotlib 3.6.1:
programming_ML/code/03_...
New
From page 13:
On Python 3.7, you can install the libraries with pip by running these commands inside a Python venv using Visual Studio ...
New
Other popular topics
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
Author Spotlight:
Bruce Tate
@redrapids
Programming languages always emerge out of need, and if that’s not always true, they’re defin...
New
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released.
Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /markdown









