AstonJ
Which language or framework do you want to learn next?
Curious to know which languages and frameworks you’re all thinking about learning next 
Perhaps if there’s enough people wanting to learn a specific language or tech we can create study groups for you in a dedicated section too…
Most Liked
AstonJ
This is my updated list 
- Finish learning Phoenix
- Learn TypeScript and one frontend framework (probably Svelte and possibly NativeScript)
- Learn Erlang (with Programming Erlang and Kent University’s MOOC)
Longer term
8
AstonJ
I’m soooooooo dying to do a mobile app! So for me I have whittled my next language down to either Dart/Flutter or Swift.
I am 99.9999999% sure it will be Swift 
It’s just that tiny bit of doubt of being able to make an Android as well as Swift app with little additional effort that is niggling!
The reason I am drawn to Swift is:
- It’s from Apple
- It’s fairly new, and IIRC, was influenced a little bit by Ruby (amongst other languages)
- If you want your app to stand a chance of being featured (who doesn’t?) then I would guess one made in Swift would stand out more to the editors than one made in Flutter or something else (tho I guess whichever app has the potential to make them more money would take precedence even above that)
- You can use Swift on the backend, and is it only a matter of time before Apple re-enters the server space? With specialised hardware?
If anyone else wants to learn Swift… shall we start a study group? I’m definitely up for it!!!
6
tradfursten
Elixir and phoenix is on my list
6
Popular General Dev topics
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!?
If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
New
Which apps do you think are killing it right now?
Either from a technical perspective or ones that you like personally or feel have been...
New
Looking at @siddhant3030’s photo from the Do you blog? thread, do you cover your computer or phone camera as a security precaution?
Wha...
New
I’m thinking of buying a monitor that I can rotate to use as a vertical monitor?
Also, I want to know if someone is using it for program...
New
What do you think needs fixing in the digital / computer science sphere?
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
What shell(s) do you use, why do you use them, and how do you have them configured?
Note, this is about shell’s, not terminals, terminal...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
Chris Seaton, the creator of TruffleRuby has died. It appears from suicide :cry:
He left this note on Twitter on the weekend:
And one...
New
Thought this would be a nice way to start the year - have you seen or written a function (or method) or piece of code that you are partic...
New
Other popular topics
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
Start building native Android apps the modern way in Kotlin with Jetpack's expansive set of tools, libraries, and best practices. Learn h...
New
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming.
Minh Quang Tran
The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11387)
- Dev Chat
- Questions (38)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors (59)
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown









