jdufour

jdufour

The Cucumber for Java Book:

Hello! On page xix of the preface, it says there is a community forum "… for help if your’re stuck on one of the exercises in this book… " Is this the forum?

On page 2, the book instructions direct us to place 4 jar files within the jars folder. It says to download the latest versions. I have downloaded these from Maven Central:
cucumber-core-6.9.1
cucumber-java-6.9.1
cucumber-jvm-deps-1.0.6
gherkin-16.0.0

The versions of each jar file are not the same, but they are the latest for each file. Do these files need to be the same version?

When I run:
C:\checkout>java -cp “jars/*” io.cucumber.core.cli.Main -p pretty .

I am getting this error:
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: io/cucumber/tagexpressions/TagExpressionParser
at io.cucumber.core.options.CucumberPropertiesParser.parse(CucumberPropertiesParser.java:83)
at io.cucumber.core.cli.Main.run(Main.java:61)
at io.cucumber.core.cli.Main.main(Main.java:34)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: io.cucumber.tagexpressions.TagExpressionParser
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:606)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:168)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
… 3 more

I’m almost certain this is due to something lacking within the jar files. Any help?

Thanks! John

Most Liked

Margaret

Margaret

Editor at PragProg

Yes, John @jdufour, this is the book forum. Author Seb Rose @sebrose is on DevTalk. I’ve tagged him here so that he will see that you have a question about The Cucumber for Java book #book-the-cucumber-for-java-book. Thanks for reading!

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jeffmcompsci
Title: Design and Build Great Web APIs - typo “https://company-atk.herokuapp.com/2258ie4t68jv” (page 19, third bullet in URL list) Typo:...
New
GilWright
Working through the steps (checking that the Info,plist matches exactly), run the demo game and what appears is grey but does not fill th...
New
jdufour
Hello! On page xix of the preface, it says there is a community forum "… for help if your’re stuck on one of the exercises in this book… ...
New
herminiotorres
Hi @Margaret , On page VII the book tells us the example and snippets will be all using Elixir version 1.11 But on page 3 almost the en...
New
Mmm
Hi, build fails on: bracket-lib = “~0.8.1” when running on Mac Mini M1 Rust version 1.5.0: Compiling winit v0.22.2 error[E0308]: mi...
New
jgchristopher
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ” Excerpt From: Br...
New
taguniversalmachine
Hi, I am getting an error I cannot figure out on my test. I have what I think is the exact code from the book, other than I changed “us...
New
s2k
Hi all, currently I wonder how the Tailwind colours work (or don’t work). For example, in app/views/layouts/application.html.erb I have...
New
Henrai
Hi, I’m working on the Chapter 8 of the book. After I add add the point_offset, I’m still able to see acne: In the image above, I re...
New
tkhobbes
After some hassle, I was able to finally run bin/setup, now I have started the rails server but I get this error message right when I vis...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New

Sub Categories: