mikecargal

mikecargal

Apple Game Frameworks and Technologies: Val's revenge background doesn't fill screen

Title: Apple Game Frameworks and Technologies: Val’s revenge background doesn’t fill screen (page 163)

OK, I’m stumped… I’ve been through the instructions several times and double/triple/… checked everything, but when I run the game in the “iPhone 11 Pro Max” Simulator, the background does not fill the screen.

(Xcode Version 12.3 (12C33))

Did some searching around and found references to the storyboard Controller Presentation, and the view content mode, but I’ve changed these (to the point I don’t recall what their original values were), all to no effect.

Any clue what I may have wrong?

Most Liked

Paradox927

Paradox927

Author and Editor at PragProg

Hey, Mike.

Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue. Have you read the Xcode 12 and Universal Screen Size Support aside. It reads:

At the time of this writing, it looks as if some key settings that enable universal support are not set when using Xcode 12. If you’re using Xcode 12, you’ll need to add a plist entry for Launch screen interface file base name. You can either add this entry and set its value to Main or create a custom LaunchScreen.storyboard file and set its value to LaunchScreen instead.

I’m not sure if that’s what you’re running into, but that could be the problem, Let me know if this helps!

mikecargal

mikecargal

Gah!!.. that was it.

That was too far in my distant memory. (maybe a brief “don’t forget about this” in setting up Val’s Revenge is in order (for old folks like me with (apparent) short term memory issues)

side comment… That’s a VERY odd thing to have this impact (at least to my reasoning. Might have expected to not have a launch screen displayed, but not having it sized right…??? Not sure how I’d have ever sorted that out.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

iPaul
page 37 ANTLRInputStream input = new ANTLRInputStream(is); as of ANTLR 4 .8 should be: CharStream stream = CharStreams.fromStream(i...
New
GilWright
Working through the steps (checking that the Info,plist matches exactly), run the demo game and what appears is grey but does not fill th...
New
lirux
Hi Jamis, I think there’s an issue with a test on chapter 6. I own the ebook, version P1.0 Feb. 2019. This test doesn’t pass for me: ...
New
herminiotorres
Hi @Margaret , On page VII the book tells us the example and snippets will be all using Elixir version 1.11 But on page 3 almost the en...
New
rmurray10127
Title: Intuitive Python: docker run… denied error (page 2) Attempted to run the docker command in both CLI and Powershell PS C:\Users\r...
New
hgkjshegfskef
The test is as follows: Scenario: Intersecting a scaled sphere with a ray Given r ← ray(point(0, 0, -5), vector(0, 0, 1)) And s ← sphere...
New
brunogirin
When running tox for the first time, I got the following error: ERROR: InterpreterNotFound: python3.10 I realised that I was running ...
New
EdBorn
Title: Agile Web Development with Rails 7: (page 70) I am running windows 11 pro with rails 7.0.3 and ruby 3.1.2p20 (2022-04-12 revision...
New
a.zampa
@mfazio23 I’m following the indications of the book and arriver ad chapter 10, but the app cannot be compiled due to an error in the Bas...
New
redconfetti
Docker-Machine became part of the Docker Toolbox, which was deprecated in 2020, long after Docker Desktop supported Docker Engine nativel...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New

Sub Categories: