Paolo Perrotta @nusco
edited by Lynn Beighley
Dig under the surface and explore Ruby’s most advanced feature: a collection of techniques and tricks known as metaprogramming. In this book, you’ll learn metaprogramming as an essential component of Ruby and discover the deep, non-obvious details of the language. Once you understand the tenets of Ruby, including the object model, scopes, and singleton classes, you’re on your way to applying metaprogramming both in your daily work assignments and in your fun, after-hours projects.
Metaprogramming Ruby, Second Edition makes mastering the language enjoyable. The book is packed with:
- Pragmatic examples of metaprogramming in action, many of which come straight from real-life gems such as Rails.
- Programming challenges that let you experiment and play with some of the most out-there metaprogramming concepts.
- Metaprogramming “spells”—33 practical recipes and idioms that you can study and apply right now, to write code that is sure to impress.
This completely revised new edition covers the new features in Ruby 2.0 and 2.1, and contains code from the latest Ruby libraries, including Rails 4. Most examples are new, “from the wild,” with more recent libraries. And the book reflects current ideas of when and how much metaprogramming you should use.
Whether you’re a Ruby apprentice on the path to mastering the language or a Ruby wiz in search of new tips, this book is for you.
"The previous edition of Metaprogramming Ruby changed my life and my code, and
helped me get my first programming job. You would think there would be no way
to improve on a book that good, but Paolo Perrotta has done it. Learn to unlock
the hidden potential of this beautiful language, and fall in love with Ruby again."
- Full details: https://pragprog.com/book/ppmetr2/metaprogramming-ruby-2
- View this book’s portal and details on how to post errata and suggestions here.
Don’t forget you can get 35% off with your Devtalk discount! Just use the coupon code “devtalk.com" at checkout
Latest Threads About This Book
Most Active This Week
Most Active This Month
Most Active This Year
Most Active Last Three Years
Are you this book's author? To be notified of all posts made about it, sign up an account then click here, then select 'watching' from the bell icon in the top right corner.
Get money off!
The Pragmatic Bookshelf
35% off any eBook
Simply use coupon code "devtalk.com" at checkout. See full details here.
We ❤️ helpful members!
We reward our most helpful members via our MOTM scheme - by giving away a whopping 50 books per year!