rpitman

rpitman

Apple Game Frameworks and Technologies: Controller Reference Node (p. 182)

In the paragraph that begins “Switch to the GameScene.sks file” I am clearly doing something wrong. When I right-click on the controller node and choose Copy, all I am doing is copying the controller node name. When I right-click again, there is no Delete option (only Cut). If I choose Cut, it simply cuts the name from the node; it doesn’t delete the node. Then if I go to Controller.sks and right-click and choose Paste, it simply pastes in the controller name.
Please help. Thanks.

Marked As Solved

Paradox927

Paradox927

Author and Editor at PragProg

Hey, @rpitman.

Sorry for the incredibly long delay in getting back to you. I’m not sure if you figured out what happened yet, but in case you didn’t…

I suspect the issue here is that Xcode thinks you’re trying to edit the name of the object rather than the object itself.

In the following example, notice the object is highlighted, and the options I mention in the book are available:

However, in the next example, the object’s name is highlighted, so your options are different:

Hope that helps!

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jimmykiang
This test is broken right out of the box… — FAIL: TestAgent (7.82s) agent_test.go:77: Error Trace: agent_test.go:77 agent_test.go:...
New
New
jon
Some minor things in the paper edition that says “3 2020” on the title page verso, not mentioned in the book’s errata online: p. 186 But...
New
mikecargal
Title: Hands-On Rust (Chap 8 (Adding a Heads Up Display) It looks like ​.with_simple_console_no_bg​(SCREEN_WIDTH*2, SCREEN_HEIGHT*2...
New
herminiotorres
Hi @Margaret , On page VII the book tells us the example and snippets will be all using Elixir version 1.11 But on page 3 almost the en...
New
raul
Page 28: It implements io.ReaderAt on the store type. Sorry if it’s a dumb question but was the io.ReaderAt supposed to be io.ReadAt? ...
New
swlaschin
The book has the same “Problem space/Solution space” diagram on page 18 as is on page 17. The correct Problem/Solution space diagrams ar...
New
ggerico
I got this error when executing the plot files on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 with Python 3.10.8 and matplotlib 3.6.1: programming_ML/code/03_...
New
davetron5000
Hello faithful readers! If you have tried to follow along in the book, you are asked to start up the dev environment via dx/build and ar...
New
dachristenson
I’ve got to the end of Ch. 11, and the app runs, with all tabs displaying what they should – at first. After switching around between St...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New

Sub Categories: