AstonJ

AstonJ

Custom keyboard keycaps

There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed!

Check out all of our Keycaps threads here:

https://forum.devtalk.com/tag/keycaps


I really like these:

Which I spotted on the BEAR 65% Ergo keyboard.


Do you have custom keycaps? Are there any you’d like or like the look of?

:keyboard:

Most Liked

ohm

ohm

$210.00

That’s for the “base kit” for GMK Dots. $210!!

The $43 it says on the quote is for the “nomad” version. That’s 19 keycaps. 19 keycaps at $43 is $2.47 per keycap!

I would love to have that keycap set, but I do not want to pay $210 (or $2.47 per keycap) for it! I was thinking maybe a tenth.

brentjanderson

brentjanderson

I bet you can use custom keycaps - why not? The caps snap right on to the switches, so if the caps are compatible with Khail or MX switches, they should just work, right?

AstonJ

AstonJ

I think I read something about the tops being uniform/‘flat’ whereas on traditional keyboards each row has a slightly different angle - I’m not sure now but I think it was in one of these vids Brent:

I might have just dreamt it :laughing: or maybe you just need a specific type of keycap?

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
The reviews are coming in - if you spot any or have a review of your own, please add it :nerd_face: @ohm will be pleased, they seem to b...
New
AstonJ
Perhaps we can add some vids on sound differences, those I’ve seen so far are giving the plastic cases a nice stock sound (you could do s...
New
First poster: bot
One of the questions I often come back to is this: how much of our collective wealth is inherited by our generations versus created by ou...
New
AstonJ
I have been using a glossy monitor (LG5K) for over a year now and I swear it is affecting my eyesight. I heard that it can happen as it’...
New
First poster: bot
We perform a detailed vertical analysis of application performance atop a range of modern file systems and SSD FTLs. We formalize the “un...
New
First poster: bot
Robert Bosch (ROBG.UL) opened a 1 billion euro ($1.2 billion) chip plant in Germany on Monday, a record investment by the leading automot...
New
First poster: GermaVinsmoke
Apple and Intel will be the first customers for TSMC’s 3nm process, reports the Nikkei, with Intel securing the higher volume. The proce...
New
CommunityNews
Shop Dell UltraSharp Thunderbolt Hub Monitor U5226KW. 6K ultrawide curved display, 120Hz refresh, & TUV-certified eye comfort​.
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New