brianokken
Author of Python Testing with pytest
Python Testing with pytest: pytest now requires markers to be declared (downloadable code)
Many tasks_proj/tests directories exist in chapters 2, 3, 5 that have tests that use the custom markers smoke and get, which are not declared in a pytest.ini file. This was allowed when the book was published. But recent versions of pytest will issue a warning with undeclared markers.
To fix the warning, add this small pytest.ini file to any tests directory that’s causing a problem:
[pytest]
markers =
smoke
get
First Post!
Zhen
Hi there,
still not working with your update.
is it possible to update all the codes and upload to Github ?
thanks,
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
Hello Brian,
I have some problems with running the code in your book. I like the style of the book very much and I have learnt a lot as...
New
Title: Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition, pg 116
Hi - I just started chapter 5 and I am stuck on page 116 while trying to star...
New
Hi everyone!
There is an error on the page 71 in the book “Programming machine learning from coding to depp learning” P. Perrotta. You c...
New
Hi Travis! Thank you for the cool book! :slight_smile:
I made a list of issues and thought I could post them chapter by chapter. I’m rev...
New
Page 28: It implements io.ReaderAt on the store type.
Sorry if it’s a dumb question but was the io.ReaderAt supposed to be io.ReadAt?
...
New
Title: Intuitive Python: docker run… denied error (page 2)
Attempted to run the docker command in both CLI and Powershell
PS C:\Users\r...
New
@noelrappin
Running the webpack dev server, I receive the following warning:
ERROR in tsconfig.json
TS18003: No inputs were found in c...
New
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ”
Excerpt From: Br...
New
It seems the second code snippet is missing the code to set the current_user:
current_user: Accounts.get_user_by_session_token(session["...
New
Hi, I’ve got a question about the implementation of PubSub when using a Phoenix.Socket.Transport behaviour rather than channels.
Before ...
New
Other popular topics
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
New
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
Author Spotlight
Rebecca Skinner
@RebeccaSkinner
Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application.
Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /lua
- /markdown









