ClaudiaGiv

ClaudiaGiv

Using GoTrue library in Sveltekit gives this error at build time: GoTrue is not a constructor

I have a sveltekit project that is using GoTrue library for authentication. In development mode (npm run dev) everything works but when I build for production (npm run build) it gives this error:

GoTrue is not a constructor

TypeError: GoTrue is not a constructor

Reproduction
GitHub repo: GitHub - ClaudiaGiv/sveltekit-tailwindcss-board

I also tested if the problem is with vite by creating a svelte project with vite and adding the GoTrue library and it works also on development mode and also the build for production. So considering this, it seems that the problem is strictly with sveltekit, not with vite but I don’t understand exactly why or how to fix it.

GitHub repo: GitHub - ClaudiaGiv/vite-svelte-project

Does anyone know or have any idea what could be the problem and how can it be fixed?

Thank you!

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

pillaiindu
Some days ago I came across a video teaching the internals of git. It had some nice diagrams and animations. The diagrams looked like han...
New
Sally_san
So I’ve got a client that wants to build a site like this: Specifically 3 things from the website: The fullscreen sections that chang...
New
ClaudiaGiv
I have a sveltekit project that is using GoTrue library for authentication. In development mode (npm run dev) everything works but when I...
New
jubocade
What is the best course of front end (live webinars or recorded)? So I already have basic understanding of HTML CSS JS and React but I wa...
New
david-j-m
Hi I have a gallery site which displays paintings according to selected category (oils, water-color, etc.) “on:click” event. When this e...
/js
New
tomcatttttt
I’m trying to take the API from the site to get a seamless online game through the HTML5 API. It works in all browsers except Google Chro...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have a button that may be disabled or not, depending on a set of conditions. I want to disable/enable the button without hav...
New
PickyBiker
I have done small amounts of programming for IOS and for Android, but now I need to create something that works with both. What are the ...
New
grboi
I am learning full-stack and wanted to know which tech would be best, which would scale better. This is because when sitting for intervie...
New
SteelFork2819
hi does anyone know how to render a cloud-stored 3D file and move a camera around in it using native html5 functions? i really don’t know...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New