CommunityNews

CommunityNews

How I accidentally became PureGym's unofficial Apple Wallet developer

Tired of fumbling with the PureGym app for 47 seconds every morning, I reverse-engineered their API to build an Apple Wallet pass that gets me in with a quick wrist scan. Along the way, I discovered their bizarre security theatre: QR codes that expire every minute while my ancient 8-digit PIN lives forever.

Read in full here:

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

New
New
First poster: bot
Apple’s Director of Machine Learning Resigns Due to Return to Office Work. Apple’s director of machine learning, Ian Goodfellow, has res...
New
First poster: bot
Apple Music has quietly increased the price of its student plan in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. In the United States...
New
New
New
New
First poster: bot
Reverse Engineering the Apple MultiPeer Connectivity Framework. Some time ago I was using Logic Pro to record some of my music and I nee...
New
First poster: bot
Apple Says iPhone Usage Data Is Anonymous. New Tests Say: Not True. Your iPhone’s analytics data includes an ID number tied to your name...
New
CommunityNews
ASIF disk images are new in Tahoe, and promise to be space efficient, as they’re sparse files, and almost as fast as the disk they’re sto...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New