gfqdjb
Everything I know about good system design
This post is my attempt to write down, in broad strokes, everything I know about good system design. A lot of the concrete judgment calls do come down to experience, which I can’t convey in this post. But I’m trying to write down what I can.
Read in full here:
Most Liked
dyowee
I guess understanding good system design is more important than ever because of this vibe-coding trend.
1
Popular Backend topics
New
This comes up in my conversations surprisingly often so I thought it’s worth to write my thoughts down instead of repeating them again an...
New
Lisp Interview: questions to Alex Nygren of Kina Knowledge, using Common Lisp extensively in their document processing stack - Lisp jour...
New
GitHub - mthom/scryer-prolog: A modern Prolog implementation written mostly in Rust…
A modern Prolog implementation written mostly in Ru...
New
Why Lisp?
A lot of people ask us the question, why do we choose to use Common Lisp as our primary development language? Often times the q...
New
PHP: Frankenstein arrays.
PHP has become quite a nice language, but there are some ugly legacies left from the past. Like the deceptive ...
New
GitHub - codic12/worm: A dynamic, tag-based window manager written in Nim.
A dynamic, tag-based window manager written in Nim - GitHub -...
New
Introducing Trilogy: a new database adapter for Ruby on Rails | The GitHub Blog.
We’ve open sourced Trilogy, the database adapter we use...
New
crubit/design.md at main · google/crubit.
Contribute to google/crubit development by creating an account on GitHub.
New
Postgres 18 introduces Asynchronous I/O (AIO) that can dramatically improve read performance, especially in the cloud. Learn how these ch...
New
Other popular topics
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig.
General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown









