Arpeggio

Arpeggio

Hiding last divider on each row of buttons

I have the following HTML structure, which is dynamically rendered from a Sightly (HTL) page in a new AEM component we’re building, so I can’t make any modifications to the HTML. Unlike another post on Stack Overflow, I have to keep those .flex-divider divs and can’t convert to ul li tags, like in a similar post.

Content editors can author in one to four buttons. I’m using simple CSS to hide the last divider, but if there were a way to hide the last divider on each row, that might be a better approach.

When the window width is too narrow to display all buttons in the same row, the last button will wrap underneath to the next line. When the window width is reduced even more, then two buttons might wrap to the next row. When that happens, there’s a trailing divider on the first row that needs to be hidden. How can I target the last divider on the first row, or on both rows, so that it can be hidden?

Here’s what I have so far for my HTML:

<div class="container">
  <div class="multi-cta-group">
    <a class="btn btn-primary">
      Button number one
    </a>
    <div class="flex-divider"></div>
    <a class="btn btn-primary">
      Button number two
    </a>
    <div class="flex-divider"></div>
    <a class="btn btn-primary">
      CTA button number three
    </a>
    <div class="flex-divider"></div>
    <a class="btn btn-primary">
      Button number four
    </a>
    <div class="flex-divider"></div>
  </div>
</div>

CSS

.container {
  justify-content: center;
  margin: 16px auto;
  padding: 16px 0;
}
.multi-cta-group {
  display: flex;
  flex-wrap: wrap;
  gap: 16px;
  justify-content: center;
}

.multi-cta-group a {
  color: #fff;
  justify-content: center;
}

.flex-divider {
  width: 1px;
  background-color: gray;
  height: auto;
}

.flex-divider:last-child {
  display: none;
}

.bg-gray-400 {
  background-color: #bdc2c7;
}

@media (max-width: 768px) {
  .multi-cta-group {
    display: flex;
    flex-direction: column;
    align-items: flex-start;
  }

  .multi-cta-group .btn {
    justify-content: center;
    width: auto;
  }
}

Marked As Solved

Eiji

Eiji

I would rather use display: none on flex-divider and create dividers using CSS. This is because we don’t have to worry that said divider may be wrapped. Then I would add a negative margin-right property value on multi-cta-group element. This way a border (instead of element) would be “hidden” (overflow). While this sounds very tricky it’s hard to do similar thing without modifying the HTML code.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

pillaiindu
Some days ago I came across a video teaching the internals of git. It had some nice diagrams and animations. The diagrams looked like han...
New
dyowee
Why or when should one choose Tailwind over Bootstrap? :slight_smile:
New
ClaudiaGiv
I have a sveltekit project that is using GoTrue library for authentication. In development mode (npm run dev) everything works but when I...
New
sona11
I have a 1D array of numbers and need help splitting them into groups using a jagged array so that I can perform a series of computations...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have a a fresh umbrella project with a Phoenix app inside. To create the app I used the following commands: mix new test_a...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have created a fresh Phoenix app using mix phx.new.web web_interface --no-dashboard --no-ecto --no-gettext --no-mailer insid...
New
JessicaW33
Hello All, How would you implement a navigation system in React Native? Could not find a way so I ask the community can someone help me ...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have a Phoenix application, where all pages (expect the login page) have a menu at the top. This menu will therefore only a...
New
sona11
I’m currently working on a JavaScript project that involves converting user-supplied text to numbers. Dealing with different areas and th...
/js
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have a button that may be disabled or not, depending on a set of conditions. I want to disable/enable the button without hav...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New