PickyBiker

PickyBiker

Recommended toolset for targeting IOS and Android?

I have done small amounts of programming for IOS and for Android, but now I need to create something that works with both.

What are the recommended toolsets to accomplish that for a beginner?

The app will be a simple control device for robots over Wi-Fi.

Marked As Solved

Veeran

Veeran

I recommend using Flutter for your cross-platform mobile app development, especially since you already have experience with iOS and Android programming. Flutter offers a seamless way to create a single codebase that works on both platforms. Its expressive UI, hot-reload feature, and extensive widget library make it an excellent choice for developing a control device for robots over Wi-Fi. Flutter’s Dart programming language is beginner-friendly, and the framework itself provides comprehensive documentation and an active community for support. This will streamline your development process and allow you to focus on creating a robust and efficient application for both iOS and Android platforms.

Also Liked

iPaul

iPaul

Another option is to use C# and Xamarin.

adamaiken89

adamaiken89

If you need to simulate iOS behaviour, in all cases you need Apple platform, regardless of any toolings.

faust

faust

Flutter might be a good choice,
The same code will run not only on both plataforms but on the browser and desktop as well.
it’s baked by google itself, so you know, “lots of support and tutorials”.

and well, someone might say “but flutter uses dart…”
I don’t think that’s a problem… dart is quite similar to java, javascript and etc so if you code in any of these you can pick it up quite quickly

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

dyowee
Why or when should one choose Tailwind over Bootstrap? :slight_smile:
New
The_Exile
I am new to programming. I started reading Eloquent Javascript 3rd Edition, as the book comes highly recommended as a good place for beg...
/js
New
beberardinelli
Hi! I just started coding a few months ago and I am trying to get all the help I can get. My friend showed me this debugging tool called...
New
AlessandroDsgroup
Hi to everyone, we are experiencing a 401 error related to the connection of the websocket (in reference to our web app); we are unable ...
New
sona11
What is the difference between tuple relational calculus (TRC) and domain relational calculus (DRC)? What distinguishes them from relatio...
New
sona11
I was working on a project that required me to update data in a SQL database. I initiated a transaction and modified the data with a seri...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have a Phoenix application, where all pages (expect the login page) have a menu at the top. This menu will therefore only a...
New
gameengineer
We are developing on Samsung Tab Active 4 Pro using Android Studio, kotlin and java. We are getting what we think are app deadlocks. The ...
New
avipal
I have an application where it is three layer 1st layer- A legacy core routines 2nd layer- built on top of the Core routine using Dotno...
New
selamibaba
I maintain a content website built around a fixed domain of 78 unique items. This is the current overview page showing the complete data...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New