AstonJ
Rails db:create error - PG::ConnectionBad: connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed: FATAL: database "_development" does not exist
If when trying to create (or recreate) your dev db with rails db:create you are getting:
PG::ConnectionBad: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: FATAL: database “_development” does not exist
Then it might be because you have model dependant logic in an initialiser or your routes.rb file. Commenting out everything in my routes.rb (then uncommenting it afterwards) was a quick and easy way to fix it for me ![]()
Popular Backend topics
Hello and happy new year!
I would like to buy a Ruby On Rails ebook for learning purpose.
What would be the ROR equivalent of “Programm...
New
Does anybody have good learning resources with regards to going into Event Driven Design, Architecture or Sourcing?
I got recommended Er...
New
Reading Programming Elixir 1.6 book, I’ve completed part 1 of the book. Now I’m thinking of reading Elixir in Action. What do you all sug...
New
When should you use Phoenix LiveView over Phoenix Channels?
New
In Java, if I try to do.equals() on a null string, a null pointer error is issued. I’m wondering whether I can perform the following if I...
New
Can anyone help me how to convert a long data to wide data in SQL without using hard coding?
Regards
Manish
New
I studied very basic PHP (I believe). After that, I feel like I’ve gotten a handle on the language. My dream is to work as a web develope...
New
Background
I have a module that uses TypedStruct to create structs. This is the code:
defmodule Shared.Data.Authorization do
@moduledo...
New
Any recommendations on good resources for learning Elixir, Phoenix, and Ash?
New
Hi! I have clarifications (please correct me, as I mostly mix/confuse this details) with the following:
The term RAG here where it read...
New
Other popular topics
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting:
asdf install erlang 23.1.2
Configure failed.
checking ...
New
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Background
Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Latest in Ruby on Rails
Backend>Questions
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /markdown









