chasekaylee
Elixir Beginner Open Source
Hi there everyone!
Recently, I have fallen in love with programming with Elixir and have been having so much fun with it. I have been doing some side projects and was wondering if you guys knew any open source projects / beginner issues I could get involved with to improve my skill with the language (sadly not using the language at work). I would greatly appreciate a nudge in the right direction and would love to give back to the community.
Thanks everyone,
Chase
Most Liked
chasekaylee
Definitely have poked my head around that thread once or twice :D. I’ll give it a look. Decided to work on a discord bot for my stock trading server!
3
wolf4earth
It’s not explicitly related to beginner open source issues but it’s a great place to find out about interesting issues nonetheless:
2
Popular Backend topics
Cross posting from HashNode.
A friend of mine is creating Uber-like app for a small company with 200 to 1000 cars. The app will operate ...
New
Is there somewhere a good introduction to rust for experienced programmers (with years of C++/C#/Java experience)?
Wanted to give it a t...
New
I maintain a project that lists hundreds of thousands of web pages, and I’d like to show a screenshot for each web page. There are alread...
New
API 4
Path:
/user/following/
Method:
GET
Description:
Returns the list of all names of people whom the user follows
Response
[
{ ...
New
If when trying to create (or recreate) your dev db with rails db:create you are getting:
PG::ConnectionBad: connection to server on soc...
New
In Java, if I try to do.equals() on a null string, a null pointer error is issued. I’m wondering whether I can perform the following if I...
New
Can anyone help me how to convert a long data to wide data in SQL without using hard coding?
Regards
Manish
New
Hello all, I am new to learning Java Programming and want to learn java from scratch. I was writing a Java program to get the first and l...
New
Currently reading the book “Programming Phoenix LiveView”.
At the end of the Chapter 1, I’m trying to solve the guess game. If the user ...
New
Any recommendations on good resources for learning Elixir, Phoenix, and Ash?
New
Other popular topics
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework.
Brian Okken @brianokken
Edited by Kat...
New
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig.
General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Latest in Elixir
Backend>Questions
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /markdown










