ogoldberg

ogoldberg

Learning Elixir Phoenix and Ash

Any recommendations on good resources for learning Elixir, Phoenix, and Ash?

Most Liked

pragdave

pragdave

Author and Publisher

I have gone through/am going through this. To be honest, it isn’t easy. The Ash documentation can be a bit spotty, although the Phoenix integration stuff is pretty good.

One thing I found helpful (if a bit intimidating) is the source for the AshHQ site. Reading it is eye opening, because it illustrates how the creators intended things to be used.

I keep thinking we need a book on the subject, but things are changing so quickly it would be difficult… :frowning:

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash Framework

Ash 3.0 will mark a significant shift towards DX and documentation :slight_smile: We’re going to be reexamining the onboarding, documentation, all kinds of things. We have a lot in the works on this front, just a small bit of work left to do to finalize the feature-set of 3.0, then we can refocus.

danieldev-br

danieldev-br

Hey, man! I’m studying Elixir in Grox.io (https://grox.io). I think it’s helping me a lot since I have no background in programming.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
dimitarvp
Hey everyone, I resumed work on my Elixir <=> SQLite library (which uses a Rust NIF underneath) and I am in a need of small and we...
New
Jsdr3398
I’m trying to create a router where everything is in a collection of routes (similar to how I do my routes in expressjs). But it doesn’t ...
New
sampu
I have a use case where a client is invoking a Rest endpoint via a load balancer, which in turn invokes a third party endpoint which is r...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background So, I am playing around with a concept named “NewType” and I am taking inspiration from languages like F# and Scala. My objec...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have to queries that return a colossal amount of data on their own. I cannot use Repo.all as doing so would materialize thes...
New
Sumityadav
Hello all, I am new to learning Java Programming and want to learn java from scratch. I was writing a Java program to get the first and l...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have a phoenix application in Windows 11. Unfortunately for me, I cannot compile the application because of a dependency err...
New
harwind
I’m presently working on a backend development project to build a RESTful API using Python and Flask. The Scaler backend developer site h...
New

Other popular topics Top

brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New