Sumityadav

Sumityadav

How to get the first and last occurrence of the specified elements in a linked list in Java?

Hello all, I am new to learning Java Programming and want to learn java from scratch. I was writing a Java program to get the first and last occurrence of the specified elements in a linked list. Here is the Code:

import java.util.LinkedList;
import java.util.Iterator;
  public class program {
  public static void main(String[] args) {
    // create an empty linked list
     LinkedList<String> l_list = new LinkedList<String>();
   // use add() method to add values in the linked list
          list.add("Red");
          ist.add("Green");
          list.add("Black");
          list.add("Pink");
          list.add("orange");
      
      // print original list
   System.out.println("Original linked list:" + list);  
 
   // Find first element of the List
    Object first_element = list.getFirst();
    System.out.println("First Element is: "+first_element);
 
    // Find last element of the List
    Object last_element = list.getLast();
    System.out.println("Last Element is: "+ element);
 }
}

When I was trying to run the code I shows and error, I do not understand how to solve this. can any one please help in in this?

Marked As Solved

faust

faust

There are a few typing errors in your code, for example " ist.add(“Green”);" instead of “list.add(“Green”);”

And System.out.println("Last Element is: "+ element); should be System.out.println("Last Element is: "+ last_element);

with these changes your code shall run correctly.

Besides, it’s important to note that in Java we use cammelCase instead of snake_case, you should use firstElement and lastElement instead of first_element and last_element, this won’t affect the code but is the common pattern used by the vast majority of the Java Developers, so it’s better to follow it too.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

Kurisu
Hello and happy new year! I would like to buy a Ruby On Rails ebook for learning purpose. What would be the ROR equivalent of “Programm...
New
Jsdr3398
I’m trying to create a router where everything is in a collection of routes (similar to how I do my routes in expressjs). But it doesn’t ...
New
New
Jsdr3398
I’ve been working on and rewriting my messaging platform several times for the past two years. With Discords new rebranding, it has reall...
New
mrmurphy
I’ve run into a situation where I’ve got a list of posts inside of a container that uses phx-update=“prepend”, and the posts on the socke...
New
osbre
Hello everyone I’m trying to implement a “magic link” or “one-time login link” functionality I wonder what a secure way to implement it...
New
GermaVinsmoke
Does anyone know beginner friendly Elixir/Phoenix Open source projects? For learning purpose :slightly_smiling_face:
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am a fan of dialyzer and friends (looking at Gradient) and I try to have sepcs in my code as much as I can. To this end, I a...
New
jaeyson
Hi! I have clarifications (please correct me, as I mostly mix/confuse this details) with the following: The term RAG here where it read...
New
apoorv-2204
Anyone know how to get in golang? I am from elixir background?.
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New