ohm

ohm

Event Driven Architecture / Sourcing resources?

Does anybody have good learning resources with regards to going into Event Driven Design, Architecture or Sourcing?

I got recommended Eric Evans “Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software” and have already watched Martin Fowler’s talk on the subject.

Is there anything more literature I need to delve into before setting off my journey of events?

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

I was going recommended the same talk as I remb it was posted here:

This one by Elixir Forum member Ben Smith might also be worth a watch:

He’s also writing a book, tho I’m not sure whether he still is as I’ve not seen him post any updates for a while:

steshaw

steshaw

You could try the free book from Microsoft, Exploring CQRS and Event Sourcing.

You might also try Greg Young’s Versioning in an Event Sourced System which is free to read online. Greg coined the terms and was quite a vocal proponent of the pattern/architecture.

Rainer

Rainer

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am trying to encode a structure into json format using the Jason library. However, this is not working as expected. Code L...
New
JimmyCarterSon
I am confused about the Schema setup, I am setting up a new application and I want to seed files in it as well. I tried to mix to create...
New
JimmyCarterSon
Hello, I am working on a new application with Elixir, Dish_out. I want to see Data I follow this tutorial with Elixir Casts. However, I ...
New
osbre
Hello everyone I’m trying to implement a “magic link” or “one-time login link” functionality I wonder what a secure way to implement it...
New
GermaVinsmoke
Does anyone know beginner friendly Elixir/Phoenix Open source projects? For learning purpose :slightly_smiling_face:
New
sona11
In Java, if I try to do.equals() on a null string, a null pointer error is issued. I’m wondering whether I can perform the following if I...
New
Manish_bose
Can anyone help me how to convert a long data to wide data in SQL without using hard coding? Regards Manish
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have to queries that return a colossal amount of data on their own. I cannot use Repo.all as doing so would materialize thes...
New
harwind
I received this error for a binary search programme in C, despite the fact that it requested for inputs and produced the right output. Th...
/c
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New