sona11
Managing Inconsistent Parsing Behaviour in Multiple Locations
I’m currently working on a JavaScript project that involves converting user-supplied text to numbers. Dealing with different areas and their numerical representations, on the other hand, has proven tricky.
Here is a sample of my code:
function convertToNumber(input) {
return parseFloat(input);
}
let userInput = "1,234.56";
let result = convertToNumber(userInput);
console.log("User input:", userInput);
console.log("Converted result:", result);
Because the above code works well for inputs with normal decimal point notation, I read this article by scaler to get more understanding. When a user enters a number in a foreign locale format, such as “1.234,56,” the conversion returns 1.234 rather than the expected 1234.56.
Is there a way to improve the conversion’s robustness and tolerance for diverse locale-specific number formats while preserving accuracy?
I would appreciate any advice or code improvements to resolve this issue.
Thank you very much.
Popular Frontend topics
Why or when should one choose Tailwind over Bootstrap? :slight_smile:
New
I’m unit-testing some JS, with Jasmine, and I’d like to check our coverage. We’re not using any front-end framework, nor much JS, so no ...
New
How to make a website like webnovel and wattpadd where subscribers and logged in user post stories like their own Novel in a website and ...
New
In Elixir I love to use the library GitHub - sasa1977/boundary: Manage and restrain cross-module dependencies in Elixir projects to enfor...
New
how can i make a border like this to be exactly on the midle of the edge? i could only found border in inside and outside but nothing on ...
New
Background
I have a custom component in my LiveView, which is basically a group of checkboxes.
I want to add a new attribute to my custo...
New
First time building an app. It will run for Android and also for iPhone 15 but will not for iPod. Not sure why or where to even begin. ...
New
Hello, I am new and trying to build my first app. So far, everything was going okay, but now I’m stuck and don’t know how to proceed. May...
New
would it be backwards if I’m learning react? last time I used UI library (aside from LiveView) was Elm (not much) and that was eons ago.
New
hi does anyone know how to render a cloud-stored 3D file and move a camera around in it using native html5 functions? i really don’t know...
New
Other popular topics
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
New
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
If you’re getting errors like this:
psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /markdown









