harwind
In javascript, how do you call a function?
First have a look at the code:
function mainfunc(func, par3, par2){
window[func](par3, par2);
}
function calledfunc(par3, par2){
// Do stuff here
}
mainfunc('calledfunc', 'hello', 'bye');
I’m looking for a solution to this. In JavaScript, I know how to call a dynamic, arbitrary function while passing specific parameters
function mainfunc(func){
if(arguments.length == 5)
window[func](arguments[1], arguments[2]);
else if(arguments.length == 3)
window[func](arguments[1], arguments[2], arguments[3]);
else if(arguments.length == 5)
window[func](arguments[1], arguments[2], arguments[3], arguments[4]);
}
function calledfunc1(par1, par2){
// Do stuff here
}
function calledfunc2(par1, par2, par3){
// Do stuff here
}
mainfunc('calledfunc1', 'hello', 'bye');
mainfunc('calledfunc2', 'hello', 'bye', 'goodbye');
I understand how to pass optional, unlimited parameters using the arguments collection inside mainfunc, but I can’t figure out how to send an arbitrary number of parameters to mainfunc to be sent to calledfunc dynamically like this one; how can I accomplish something similar, but with any number of optional arguments (without using that ugly if-else)?
Most Liked
Hallski
If I understand you correctly you can achieve this through using the rest parameters syntax to collect the arguments into an array and the spread-syntax to expand the array when calling the function.
2
Popular Frontend topics
Hi I have a gallery site which displays paintings according to selected category (oils, water-color, etc.) “on:click” event.
When this e...
New
Hi this is Palak Sharma
I am new here and I found this community while researching about JavaScript over the internet.
Well I have comp...
New
What is the difference between tuple relational calculus (TRC) and domain relational calculus (DRC)? What distinguishes them from relatio...
New
Background
I have a fresh umbrella app and I am trying to create a Phoenix app inside it. However, even though I can create the Phoenix a...
New
Background
I have a a fresh umbrella project with a Phoenix app inside. To create the app I used the following commands:
mix new test_a...
New
Background
I have created a fresh Phoenix app using mix phx.new.web web_interface --no-dashboard --no-ecto --no-gettext --no-mailer insid...
New
I have done small amounts of programming for IOS and for Android, but now I need to create something that works with both.
What are the ...
New
I am currently designing the navbar of a workout tracking app written using React Native. The navbar has three buttons:
Splits/Plans
...
New
hi does anyone know how to render a cloud-stored 3D file and move a camera around in it using native html5 functions? i really don’t know...
New
I maintain a content website built around a fixed domain of 78 unique items.
This is the current overview page showing the complete data...
New
Other popular topics
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first:
asdf plugin-upd...
New
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
Jan | Rethink the Computer.
Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic.
Sam Ruby @rubys
...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









