AstonJ

AstonJ

How to: Run DeepSeek on Mac, Windows, and Linux!

This is a very quick guide, you just need to:

  • Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
  • Click on search
  • Type DeepSeek, then select the one you want* and click download
  • It should then show in your models

*When deciding which one to choose look at Params - the bigger the model the beefier the machine you’ll need. I downloaded the 7B model and it runs fine on my Mac.

  • You can then start a new chat and at the top select DeepSeek.

That’s it :023:

Most Liked

iPaul

iPaul

I was able to run the 32B model on a 4090. It was pretty responsive. I would love to get my hands on a bunch of Mac Mini M4 Pro to compare the 4090 with a cluster of these.

iPaul

iPaul

I didn’t tried the smaller models, so I can’t really compare these with the 32B. But I tried the 70B model also and it was slightly better than the 32B, but it was too slow for me to be able to run it for anything serious. (I suppose a 64GB Mac Mini M4 Max should be able to run the 70B model.)

DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

Since I’ve never run an open-source AI model on my local machine, which model will run smoothly on my M1 MacBook Air without any issues?

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

AstonJ
This video about multi-agent AI is a really nice watch - it only took them a few million tries to master certain strategies - doing much ...
#ai
New
AstonJ
Can you spot the AI generated person in the pic below? ▶ Spoiler Video here:
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
apoorv-2204
General thoughts on google gemini ? IMHO , when compared chatgpt and claude sonnnet its pretty shit, and its feels broken,
#ai
New
AstonJ
Tucker: You’ve had complaints from one programmer who said you steal people’s stuff without paying them and he winded up being murdered.
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
I’ve been following Seedance 2.0 since ByteDance dropped it in February, and after a few weeks of testing through third-party APIs, I wan...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Anthropic launched Claude Design this week and there’s a lot of noise about the generation demos and the stock reaction. But the feature ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Alibaba just opened public API access for HappyHorse 1.0, the model currently ranked #1 on Video Arena’s blind tests. What caught my att...
New
xiji2646-netizen
I was reading through a curated list of 60 real-world Claude Fable 5 cases (each logged with input, process, output, and an evidence tag)...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
New