mrmurphy

mrmurphy

How exactly does phx-update detect changes?

I’ve run into a situation where I’ve got a list of posts inside of a container that uses phx-update=“prepend”, and the posts on the socket are temporary assigns. Inside of the “for” comprehension, I want to render data not only from the post, but from another assign on the socket.

When the post changes, my DOM updates render, but when the other assign I’m using (pending_loves, in the image) changes, I don’t get any DOM updates. I’m guessing this is because live view is doing some magic change tracking around the for comprehension specifically? What’s the most idiomatic way to inform Live View that I want the content inside of the for to update when a different assign changes as well?

Most Liked

mrmurphy

mrmurphy

Thanks! Victor Mono:

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Thank you! Instant switch in my terminal programs. Can’t believe I missed it even though I have it in my library.

Previously used InconsolataGo but Victor Mono is definitely better. :slight_smile:

mrmurphy

mrmurphy

I thought maybe if I included the pending_loves assign on the right-hand side of the for comprehension, the change would be picked up and re-rendered. But no dice:

  <div id="posts" class="max-w-lg mx-auto dark:bg-gray-800" phx-update="prepend">
    <%= for {post, pending_loves} <- (@posts|>Enum.map(&({&1, get_pending_loves(@pending_loves, &1.id)}))) do %>
    <div id="<%= post.id %>">

Even with this change, when I update the assign @pending_loves, the count of pending loves does not update on the page inside of the for comprehension until the post object is updated. It does update if placed outside of the comprehension, though, even inside of the phx-update="prepend" container.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
dimitarvp
Hey everyone, I resumed work on my Elixir &lt;=&gt; SQLite library (which uses a Rust NIF underneath) and I am in a need of small and we...
New
Kurisu
Hello and happy new year! I would like to buy a Ruby On Rails ebook for learning purpose. What would be the ROR equivalent of “Programm...
New
joshi
Hey everybody! I’m working on the project that includes import of Oracle data to PostgreSQL. That data comes as Oracle export (expdp) fi...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am trying to get a Github Action working with Windows and Bakeware because I am trying to create a release using it. Howeve...
New
JimmyCarterSon
I am following this tutorial . I have followed carefully correcting errors as I go. The app allows you to create a blog post and add comm...
New
conradwt
Hi, I’m building an application that will have support for both the web and mobile. At this time, I’m using PhxGenAuth for authenticatio...
New
JimmyCarterSon
Hello, I am working on a new application with Elixir, Dish_out. I want to see Data I follow this tutorial with Elixir Casts. However, I ...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have to queries that return a colossal amount of data on their own. I cannot use Repo.all as doing so would materialize thes...
New
jaeyson
Hi! I have clarifications (please correct me, as I mostly mix/confuse this details) with the following: The term RAG here where it read...
New

Other popular topics Top

dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New