bsek43

bsek43

Phoenix LiveView learning resources?

Hello everyone,

I’ve started learning Elixir and Phoenix few months ago and while I mostly grasped Elixir’s functional concepts and Phoenix conventions I still have huge trouble building stuff with LiveView beyond simple examples.

Since LiveView is still on 0.XX version there are a lot of outdated tutorials on the web and new 1.6 was released recently so I can’t find any guides/books/videos from which I can learn to build interactive applications.

I’ve already read documentation but I find it too hard for beginner, especially stuff about Plug not working for LiveView, phx.gen.auth generating “dead” and not live views and similar.

If someone can recommend any learning resource that uses recent version of LiveView and builds something beyond counter (for example dashboard with multiple pages) I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Most Liked

adamaiken89

adamaiken89

The course from Phoenix LiveView Free Course | The Pragmatic Studio will be the best course I can think of.

Also, I am pretty excited for their upcoming Hotwire course.

AstonJ

AstonJ

Also check out our Phoenix learning resources section here: Phoenix Web Framework | Devtalk :023:

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

Rainer
Is there somewhere a good introduction to rust for experienced programmers (with years of C++/C#/Java experience)? Wanted to give it a t...
New
ohm
Does anybody have good learning resources with regards to going into Event Driven Design, Architecture or Sourcing? I got recommended Er...
New
Jsdr3398
Are there any databases that require no setup (can be shipped in a small zip together with the project)?
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am trying to get a Github Action working with Windows and Bakeware because I am trying to create a release using it. Howeve...
New
JimmyCarterSon
Hello, I am. very new to Elixir lang I have only been doing it for about 2 weeks. I recently started following this tutorial todo list, ...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am trying to find a cheap and easy way to create New Types in Elixir, and Records seem to be just what I would need. Probl...
New
JimmyCarterSon
I am confused about the Schema setup, I am setting up a new application and I want to seed files in it as well. I tried to mix to create...
New
AstonJ
If when trying to create (or recreate) your dev db with rails db:create you are getting: PG::ConnectionBad: connection to server on soc...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am a fan of dialyzer and friends (looking at Gradient) and I try to have sepcs in my code as much as I can. To this end, I a...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have to queries that return a colossal amount of data on their own. I cannot use Repo.all as doing so would materialize thes...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New