brainlid

brainlid

Thinking Elixir 259 - Chris McCord on phoenix.new

Episode 259 of Thinking Elixir. News includes the public launch of Phoenix.new - Chris McCord’s revolutionary AI-powered Phoenix development service with full browser IDE and remote runtime capabilities, Ecto v3.13 release featuring the new transact/1 function and built-in JSON support, Nx v0.10 with improved documentation and NumPy comparisons, Phoenix 1.8 getting official security documentation covering OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities, Zach Daniel’s new “evals” package for testing AI language model performance, and ElixirConf US speaker announcements with keynotes from José Valim and Chris McCord. Saša Jurić shares his comprehensive thoughts on Elixir project organization and structure, Sentry’s Elixir SDK v11.x adding OpenTelemetry-based tracing support, and more! Then we dive deep with Chris McCord himself for an exclusive interview about his newly launched phoenix.new service, exploring how AI-powered code generation is bringing Phoenix applications to people from outside the community. We dig into the technology behind the remote runtime and what it means for the future of rapid prototyping in Elixir.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

New
AstonJ
This article was written by @rvirding …over a decade ago! Posting here in case anyone else finds it of interest and adding it to our Erla...
New
New
AstonJ
Not had time to read it yet but this looks like a good interview… Our friend Yukihiro Matsumoto, creator of the Ruby programming langua...
New
First poster: bot
Over the last few years, due in large part to the hype surrounding blockchain and cryptocurrencies, decentralized applications have gaine...
New
First poster: AstonJ
They expect you to make a onepage application (SPA) The polaris design system officially only supports react Integration with the s...
New
First poster: brennan
The perspective of an ignorant computer science undergrad It’s likely that you read the title of this post and thought “what is this guy ...
New
wolf4earth
Louis Pilfold is the creator of the Gleam programming language. He explains what Gleam is and tells us where it came from. He then dives...
New
brainlid
There is a new community resource available on writing “Safe Ecto Migrations”. When we get a migration wrong, it can lock up your product...
New
vkatsuba
Hi folks! Ukrainian Erlanger is here :sign_of_the_horns:! I’d like to share my recent talk at the TADSummit Online Conference, where I ...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New