CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Why you should choose HTMX for your next web-based side project - and ditch the crufty MPA and complex SPA

I build a lot of side projects so I’m always on the lookout for technologies and paradigms that allow me to build them faster and cheaper at a similar quality. For the last several months I’ve been experimenting with building web apps with low-js tools like HTMX and Alpine.

In this post I’ll share why I think HTMX is a great choice for building web apps faster and cheaper and why it’s now a core part of my tech stack - The HAM Stack.

Read in full here:

Most Liked

alvinkatojr

alvinkatojr

There are sadly so many articles like these nowadays that seem to purport that one technology is the answer. But we all know that’s nothing close to the truth.

Everything has a purpose and technology should be used to fulfill your goals. No single tool is your messiah.

dyowee

dyowee

Interesting stack. :slight_smile:

chris.johan

chris.johan

I don’t think the author is saying that. I think he is merely pointing out that some are defaulting to Angular/React/Vue when building web apps, which seems to be overkill.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: bot
Apple’s Tim Cook to take 50% pay hit after shareholder feedback. ‘Target compensation’ for CEO down from $99.4m in 2022 to an expected $...
New
First poster: fullstackplus
Why Python is terrible… Nice language, but unsuitable for most professional purposes
New
First poster: chris.johan
Skype’s days appear to be numbered, as a hidden string in the latest Skype for Windows preview suggests Microsoft will shutter the servic...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Truly independent web browser. Contribute to LadybirdBrowser/ladybird development by creating an account on GitHub.
New
CommunityNews
What did the study find? They scanned the brains of more than a hundred undergrad students and had them complete a questionnaire about th...
New
First poster: alvinkatojr
About accelerationism, NRx, and the intersection of technology, religion, and philosophy: an analysis of the essential ideas in the new A...
New
New
CommunityNews
GitSyncPad is an innovative micro keypad designed for effortless Git version control. Execute commands like git add, git commit, and git ...
New
First poster: braycarla
In beginning the NVIDIA Blackwell Linux testing with the GeForce RTX 5090 compute performance, besides all the CUDA/OpenCL/OptiX benchmar...
New
First poster: andrea
Most of what modern software engineers do involves APIs: public interfaces for communicating with a program, like this one from Twilio. I...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New