conradwt
What's the recommended approach for securing GraphQL APIs?
Hi, I’m building an application that will have support for both the web and mobile. At this time, I’m using PhxGenAuth for authentication on the web. However, it appears that there’s no out-of-the-box support for API authentication.
Thus, I was wondering, what’s the recommended approach for securing GraphQL APIs these days? From the book “Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe”, it appears that JWTs is a good solution to go with for now.
Finally, are there any recommended Hex authentication packages that support both session and API authentication?
Most Liked
OvermindDL1
A header token or a token passed in the message directly are the two ways I most often see.
3
Popular Backend topics
At work we plan to replace a totally overkill Kafka instance with a combination of SNS and SQS. I don’t want to get into a discussion on ...
New
I maintain a project that lists hundreds of thousands of web pages, and I’d like to show a screenshot for each web page. There are alread...
New
Are there any databases that require no setup (can be shipped in a small zip together with the project)?
New
I’ve been working on and rewriting my messaging platform several times for the past two years. With Discords new rebranding, it has reall...
New
Hello Folks,
I am a novice developer from India. Intending to learn Elixir and web apps (phoenix framework).
What are things that I MUS...
New
I am confused about the Schema setup,
I am setting up a new application and I want to seed files in it as well. I tried to mix to create...
New
Background
I have recently been delving into more functional code. My objective right now is to get something similar to the IO Monad (in...
New
If when trying to create (or recreate) your dev db with rails db:create you are getting:
PG::ConnectionBad: connection to server on soc...
New
In Java, if I try to do.equals() on a null string, a null pointer error is issued. I’m wondering whether I can perform the following if I...
New
I wrote this code to calculate Fibonacci numbers by specifying the size. The results are correct, however the one thing that concerns me ...
New
Other popular topics
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?
Would you recommend it? Why?
What will your next keyboard be?
Pics always w...
New
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic.
Sam Ruby @rubys
...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
Latest in Phoenix
Backend>Questions
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









