harwind
Selection Sort Program In C
I received this error for a binary search programme in C, despite the fact that it requested for inputs and produced the right output. The error message I received in the output window is shown below.
binarysearch.c: In function 'sort': binarysearch.c:22:5: warning:
implicit declaration of function 'bin'
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
bin(a,size);//invokes bin(int,int) to find element
^~~ binarysearch.c: At top level: binarysearch.c:24:6: warning: conflicting types for 'bin' void bin(int a[],int size)//finds element
using binary sort technique and return its index
^~~ binarysearch.c:22:5: note: previous implicit declaration of 'bin' was here
bin(a,size);//invokes bin(int,int) to find element
^~~
Enter size of array
How can I fix the problem?
What does the error indicate?
Why did it continue to ask for inputs after an error occurred?
I created two functions. As mentioned in this documentation, the first function, void sort(int a[],int size), used selection sort to sort the array and printed it before invoking the second function, void bin(int a[],int size), which used binary search to find an element and printed its position(index+1). The main function was then written.
The programme is as follows:
#include<stdio.h>
void sort(int a[],int size)//sorts array in ascending order
{
int min;
for(int i=0;i<size;i++)
{
for(int j=0;j<size;j++)
{
if(a[j]>a[j+1])//checks if elements at position 'i' is greater than element at position (i+1) and exchanges values if true
{
min=a[j];
a[j]=a[j+1];
a[j+1]=min;
}
}
}
printf("Sorted array:");
for(int i=0;i<size;i++)//prints sorted array
{
printf("%d ",a[i]);
}
bin(a,size);//invokes bin(int,int) to find element
}
void bin(int a[],int size)//finds element using binary sort technique and return its index
{
int key;//stores element to be found
printf("\nEnter element to be found:");
scanf("%d",&key);
int sp=0;//stores starting point which is initially 0
int ep=size-1;//stores ending point which is initially one less than size of array
int mid;//stores average of sp and ep
int count=0;//counter
printf("Occurrence is:");
while(sp<=ep)
{
mid=(sp+ep)/2;
if(a[mid]>key)//to run loop for elements that are before mid
{
ep=mid-1;
}
else if(a[mid]<key)//to run loop for elements that are after mid
{
sp=mid+1;
}
else if(a[mid]==key)//when element is found
{
printf("%d",mid+1);
count+=1;
break;//to stop the loop
}
}
if(count==0)//in case element is not found
printf("ELEMENT NOT FOUND");
}
int main()
{
int n;//stores size of array
printf("Enter size of array:");
scanf("%d",&n);
int arr[n];//creates array of size n
printf("Enter elements:");
for(int i=0;i<n;i++)
{
scanf("%d",&arr[i]);
}
sort(arr,n);//invoke sort(int,int) function which later invokes bin(int,int) function
return 0;
}
Popular Backend topics
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting:
asdf install erlang 23.1.2
Configure failed.
checking ...
New
Does anybody have good learning resources with regards to going into Event Driven Design, Architecture or Sourcing?
I got recommended Er...
New
Reading Programming Elixir 1.6 book, I’ve completed part 1 of the book. Now I’m thinking of reading Elixir in Action. What do you all sug...
New
Background
I am now trying Gradual type checking, as a consequence I am giving a shot to Gradient. As I see it, this is an alternative to...
New
Background
While playing around with dialyzer, typespecs and currying, I was able to create an example of a false positive in dialyzer.
...
New
Background
I am trying to encode a structure into json format using the Jason library. However, this is not working as expected.
Code
L...
New
Hi, I’m building an application that will have support for both the web and mobile. At this time, I’m using PhxGenAuth for authenticatio...
New
Hello everyone
I’m trying to implement a “magic link” or “one-time login link” functionality
I wonder what a secure way to implement it...
New
Background
I have recently been delving into more functional code. My objective right now is to get something similar to the IO Monad (in...
New
Background
I have a module that uses TypedStruct to create structs. This is the code:
defmodule Shared.Data.Authorization do
@moduledo...
New
Other popular topics
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face:
:keyboard:
If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Author Spotlight
Rebecca Skinner
@RebeccaSkinner
Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
Jan | Rethink the Computer.
Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
Backend>Questions
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









