Siarhei

Siarhei

Powerful Command-Line Applications in Go: TestParseContent & TestRun failed (pages 53 - 54)

Tests on compare 2 slice of byte fail because there is a difference in the formatting we get after the parseContent() and goldenFile functions. The difference lies in different tabulation.

To bring them to a common state I suggest using the package go get -u github.com/yosssi/gohtml

func formatHTML(data []byte) []byte {
	// Convert to string for manipulation
	content := string(data)

	formattedHTML := gohtml.Format(content)

	// Return the formatted html as []byte
	return []byte(formattedHTML)
}

This formatHTML function will take raw HTML in a []byte format, format it using gohtml, and return the formatted HTML as []byte. Here’s a quick breakdown of how it works:

Conversion to String: string(data) converts the byte slice to a string, as gohtml.Format requires a string input.

Formatting*: gohtml.Format(content) processes the HTML string, adding indentation and spacing for readability.

Returning as []byte: []byte(formattedHTML) converts the formatted string back to []byte.

if !bytes.Equal(formatHTML(expected), formatHTML(result)) {
    t.Logf("golden:\n%s\n", formatHTML(expected))
    t.Logf("result:\n%s\n", formatHTML(result))
    t.Error("Result content doesn't match golden file")
}

First Post!

LeamHall

LeamHall

Hello @Siarhei! Oddly enough, I had that same issue this morning. My text editor (vim) was configured to not expand tabs, I was using tabs for indenting, and the tabstop as set at 2. I solved the issue by editing the main.go file and using spaces instead of tabs.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jon
Some minor things in the paper edition that says “3 2020” on the title page verso, not mentioned in the book’s errata online: p. 186 But...
New
belgoros
Following the steps described in Chapter 6 of the book, I’m stuck with running the migration as described on page 84: bundle exec sequel...
New
AleksandrKudashkin
On the page xv there is an instruction to run bin/setup from the main folder. I downloaded the source code today (12/03/21) and can’t see...
New
alanq
This isn’t directly about the book contents so maybe not the right forum…but in some of the code apps (e.g. turbo/06) it sends a TURBO_ST...
New
jskubick
I’m running Android Studio “Arctic Fox” 2020.3.1 Patch 2, and I’m embarrassed to admit that I only made it to page 8 before running into ...
New
brunogirin
When running tox for the first time, I got the following error: ERROR: InterpreterNotFound: python3.10 I realised that I was running ...
New
akraut
The markup used to display the uploaded image results in a Phoenix.LiveView.HTMLTokenizer.ParseError error. lib/pento_web/live/product_l...
New
taguniversalmachine
Hi, I am getting an error I cannot figure out on my test. I have what I think is the exact code from the book, other than I changed “us...
New
a.zampa
@mfazio23 I’m following the indications of the book and arriver ad chapter 10, but the app cannot be compiled due to an error in the Bas...
New
dachristenson
I’ve got to the end of Ch. 11, and the app runs, with all tabs displaying what they should – at first. After switching around between St...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New

Sub Categories: