ggerico
Programming Machine Learning: some plot files are throwing error
I got this error when executing the plot files on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 with Python 3.10.8 and matplotlib 3.6.1:
programming_ML/code/03_gradient:
$ python3 plot_loss_with_path.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/germain/Code/lang/python/programming_ML/code/03_gradient/plot_loss_with_path.py", line 70, in <module>
ax = plt.figure().gca(projection="3d")
TypeError: FigureBase.gca() got an unexpected keyword argument 'projection'
$ python3 plot_loss_with_slices.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/germain/Code/lang/python/programming_ML/code/03_gradient/plot_loss_with_slices.py", line 70, in <module>
ax = plt.figure().gca(projection="3d")
TypeError: FigureBase.gca() got an unexpected keyword argument 'projection'
programming_ML/code/04_hyperspace :
$ python3 plot_plane.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/germain/Code/lang/python/programming_ML/code/04_hyperspace/plot_plane.py", line 17, in <module>
ax = plt.figure().gca(projection="3d")
TypeError: FigureBase.gca() got an unexpected keyword argument 'projection'
There is a fix ?
tks˜
Marked As Solved
nusco
Author of Metaprogramming Ruby & Programming Machine Learning
Hey, @ggerico. Did you follow the instructions to set up the right libraries? The ones in the book are potentially outdated, so I recommend these ones.
If you still have the problem after following the instructions on progml.com, then it’s something that I should look into. In that case, could you please let me know?
Also Liked
fidus-Achates
I had the same problem using matplotlib 3. 7. 2.
with
fig = plt.figure()
ax = fig.add_subplot(projection="3d")
instead of
ax = plt.figure().gca(projection="3d")
it works.
Thanks for all the additional code and explanations completing this excellent book!
Claudia
1
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
This test is broken right out of the box…
— FAIL: TestAgent (7.82s)
agent_test.go:77:
Error Trace: agent_test.go:77
agent_test.go:...
New
Title: Design and Build Great Web APIs - typo “https://company-atk.herokuapp.com/2258ie4t68jv” (page 19, third bullet in URL list)
Typo:...
New
I thought that there might be interest in using the book with Rails 6.1 and Ruby 2.7.2. I’ll note what I needed to do differently here.
...
New
Dear Sophie.
I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions:
When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
I’m new to Rust and am using this book to learn more as well as to feed my interest in game dev. I’ve just finished the flappy dragon exa...
New
Hi, I have just acquired Michael Fazio’s “Kotlin and Android Development” to learn about game programming for Android. I have a game in p...
New
Hey there,
I’m enjoying this book and have learned a few things alredayd. However, in Chapter 4 I believe we are meant to see the “>...
New
Title: Agile Web Development with Rails 7: (page 70)
I am running windows 11 pro with rails 7.0.3 and ruby 3.1.2p20 (2022-04-12 revision...
New
Modern front-end development for Rails, second edition - Struggling to get the first chapter to work
After running /bin/setup, the first error was: The foreman' command exists in these Ruby versions: That was easy to fix: gem install fore...
New
@mfazio23
Android Studio will not accept anything I do when trying to use the Transformations class, as described on pp. 140-141. Googl...
New
Other popular topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
New
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application.
Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /markdown









